Jump to content

Photo

Jamaica Riu Brides


  • Please log in to reply
448 replies to this topic

#111 Heidi

Heidi
  • Sr. Member
  • 2,642 posts

    Posted 20 August 2007 - 03:44 PM

    I just got an email from Chandlyn answering some questions I had about the Royal package & the reception dinner @ Mammee Bay. Thought some of you might like to see what she had to say (my question is in black; her answer is in red):

    1. I booked the Royal Package. What is the 'royal decoration' for the ceremony that comes with this package? The royal decoration is as in the attachment. (attached picture is of the ugly coconut arch! )

    2. How does the room upgrade work (we booked a Junior Suite - is there anything that we could be upgraded to)? The next room category would be a suite. Please note however that this is based on availability upon arrival at the resort. Along those lines, how would we go about asking for a room on a higher floor if at all possible? Please forward all room request to the Front office Manager at clubhotel.ochorios@riu.com

    3. For our reception dinner, can I bring items to decorate the tables? Yes And how are the tables set up?We do one long table. (several tables or just one long table? I have heard both from past brides) Do you provide the linens for the table, and if so can we specify colors? We provide white tablecloths and napkins

    4. And finally (for this email at least!), how/when do we make appointments for the body exfoliation that comes with the package? You can make it for before or after the wedding by using the voucher given at our meeting.
    Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

    #112 pouchie

    pouchie
    • Jr. Member
    • 189 posts

      Posted 20 August 2007 - 03:47 PM

      You still have alot of time left. I am getting married Feb 7 '08 and I just purchased my dress last week. I arrive at the resort January 26 sounds like we will be there the same time? Different places take different amounts of time to bring the dresses in. You should double check to make sure it won't be a problem. You will find a ton of helpful poeple on this forum. I am addicted. Happy Plannning!!!

      #113 pouchie

      pouchie
      • Jr. Member
      • 189 posts

        Posted 20 August 2007 - 03:51 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Heidi
        I just got an email from Chandlyn answering some questions I had about the Royal package & the reception dinner @ Mammee Bay. Thought some of you might like to see what she had to say (my question is in black; her answer is in red):

        1. I booked the Royal Package. What is the 'royal decoration' for the ceremony that comes with this package? The royal decoration is as in the attachment. (attached picture is of the ugly coconut arch! )

        2. How does the room upgrade work (we booked a Junior Suite - is there anything that we could be upgraded to)? The next room category would be a suite. Please note however that this is based on availability upon arrival at the resort. Along those lines, how would we go about asking for a room on a higher floor if at all possible? Please forward all room request to the Front office Manager at clubhotel.ochorios@riu.com

        3. For our reception dinner, can I bring items to decorate the tables? Yes And how are the tables set up?We do one long table. (several tables or just one long table? I have heard both from past brides) Do you provide the linens for the table, and if so can we specify colors? We provide white tablecloths and napkins

        4. And finally (for this email at least!), how/when do we make appointments for the body exfoliation that comes with the package? You can make it for before or after the wedding by using the voucher given at our meeting.
        Good questions I was wondering abut that myself. I wonder how the tables are set up in the plantation. I should ask if we can pick the upper or bottom floor when we get down their? Do we email the office manager before we go down to request a room upgrade?

        #114 Heidi

        Heidi
        • Sr. Member
        • 2,642 posts

          Posted 20 August 2007 - 03:53 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by pouchie
          Do we email the office manager before we go down to request a room upgrade?
          I don't think so....I think if it's available then, we would get it. Otherwise no upgrade for us! What type of room did you reserve?
          Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

          #115 pouchie

          pouchie
          • Jr. Member
          • 189 posts

            Posted 20 August 2007 - 03:57 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Heidi
            I don't think so....I think if it's available then, we would get it. Otherwise no upgrade for us! What type of room did you reserve?
            We reserved the junior suite as well. I wanted the room with the jacuzzi on the balcony but it was going to cost us an extra 2000.00 a person. We figured if we took our chances and paid for the royal package we might get a nicer room that way. Do you think we get it the whole time we are booked in the resort or just our wedding night? We are going 2 weeks. That would be a dream if we had a nice suite for 2 weeks.

            #116 Heidi

            Heidi
            • Sr. Member
            • 2,642 posts

              Posted 20 August 2007 - 03:59 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by pouchie
              We reserved the junior suite as well. I wanted the room with the jacuzzi on the balcony but it was going to cost us an extra 2000.00 a person. We figured if we took our chances and paid for the royal package we might get a nicer room that way. Do you think we get it the whole time we are booked in the resort or just our wedding night? We are going 2 weeks. That would be a dream if we had a nice suite for 2 weeks.
              wow, we had THE SAME thought process as you & your fiance!!!! I'm not sure... that's a good question! Well it sounds like the people upgraded to a Jr Suite have it their whole vacation; so I GUESS it'd be the whole time?
              Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

              #117 pouchie

              pouchie
              • Jr. Member
              • 189 posts

                Posted 20 August 2007 - 04:07 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Heidi
                wow, we had THE SAME thought process as you & your fiance!!!! I'm not sure... that's a good question! Well it sounds like the people upgraded to a Jr Suite have it their whole vacation; so I GUESS it'd be the whole time?
                I hope it's for the whole 2 weeks I would be loving life!!! The night before the wedding I will have the BM's stay in our room and my fiance will stay with the GM. It would be nice to have the extra space for getting ready the day of. Lets hope he doesn't party too hard the night before. The boys get all excited about the last single night out!!

                #118 Heidi

                Heidi
                • Sr. Member
                • 2,642 posts

                  Posted 20 August 2007 - 04:13 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by pouchie
                  I hope it's for the whole 2 weeks I would be loving life!!! The night before the wedding I will have the BM's stay in our room and my fiance will stay with the GM. It would be nice to have the extra space for getting ready the day of. Lets hope he doesn't party too hard the night before. The boys get all excited about the last single night out!!
                  oh that is too funny - we're doing the same thing!!! :)
                  Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

                  #119 bex1975

                  bex1975
                  • Newbie
                  • 31 posts

                    Posted 20 August 2007 - 04:15 PM

                    does anyone know the prices for add ons such as isle runner and rose petals? or are you all just bringing your own?
                    Do you think its tacky if we give our OOT bags out before we all leave for Jamaica? I just feel like I ave so much to bring with me as it is (I have a 1 year old...so thats a lot of stuff to brought just for him)

                    #120 Heidi

                    Heidi
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 2,642 posts

                      Posted 20 August 2007 - 04:18 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by bex1975
                      does anyone know the prices for add ons such as isle runner and rose petals? or are you all just bringing your own?
                      Do you think its tacky if we give our OOT bags out before we all leave for Jamaica? I just feel like I ave so much to bring with me as it is (I have a 1 year old...so thats a lot of stuff to brought just for him)
                      I know I've seen prices for those, but I can't remember where!!! I think aisle runner is something liek $50-100? Not sure about rose petals - I think I thought they were too much!

                      And no, I don't think it's tacky to give out your OOT bags before leaving. I think Kelly did that
                      Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users