Photo

nurse aids in PV?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 smith3576

smith3576
  • 290 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 04:04 PM

We are trying to figure out whether my grandmother can make the wedding. Mentally and medically she is fine, but she has PLS and has very limited mobility. She would need help getting ready for bed at night (changing, going to the bathroom, etc), someone to sleep in her room in case she needs to use the restroom at night, and to help her get ready in the morning. And they would need to be able to speak English. Family would help her during the day.

We are contemplating bringing an attendant down with her to stay with her in her room but that will get expensive paying for an additional person's stay and flight in addition to hers. So we are trying to see if it would be possible to hire someone in PV to do it.

Has anyone dealt with anything like this? Does anyone know of any agencies in PV that provide this type of service? Or where we could find out? I don't know where to even begin to find out.

Thanks!!

Jamie
    We're married! Jamie

#2 Jess

Jess
    • 4,455 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 04:27 PM

Hey Jamie - we were also thinking about this so I would love to know...if my grandma does come, I think we are going to have to bring help down unless anyone knows of anything - thanks for posting!

#3 jmiranda

jmiranda
      • 697 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 07:16 PM

Oh wow Im in the same boat as both of you. My grandmother wants to come to the wedding but she also needs help during the night.

If anyone has some ideas please shed some light.

#4 godaloveme

godaloveme
        • 282 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 07:49 PM

geshhh Maybe I should start a business in pv I just happen to work in long term care and who could think of a better place to work then in paradise ?lol

I hope you girls find some one who can help

#5 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
          • 26,161 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 08:22 PM

Have you guys asked your wc's if they can do some research for you?

I would also go to PV expat forums and put your question out there. The members tend to be helpful and have good connections in PV that speak English as well. Good luck :)

#6 *New* Mrs. G

*New* Mrs. G
            • 226 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 02:31 PM

Hello fellow brides and brides-to-be,

I found this english website recently. Check out Banderas News and Health Care Resources Puerto Vallarta or Puerto Vallarta Health Care Resources for more information

Hope this helps!!

#7 smith3576

smith3576
              • 290 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 12:22 PM

Thanks for all of the suggestions! My grandma has decided it's just too much for her, but before that we did the math and because we are staying at an AI, the cost of having someone from PV would pretty much cost the same as bringing someone down that works with her normally (since we had to pay the lodging price regardless and the normal person was willing to come for just the price of expenses - the plane ticket worked out to the same as what we would be paying someone in PV). Anyway, just some things to think about if you are staying at an AI.
                We're married! Jamie

#8 Jess

Jess
                • 4,455 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 11:49 AM

yeah we just realized the same thing Jamie - my grandma realized it is just too much for her also

#9 nikkigard

nikkigard
                  • 200 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 04:46 PM

We dont need that level of care but do need to rent a wheelchair. Any idea if you can do that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users