Photo

Iglesia Maria Reina de la Paz

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#31 jmiranda

jmiranda
  • 697 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 03:40 PM

Yes, when we went the father gave us booklet but its in Spanish. The booklet contains the whole mass. It includes different options to choose from.

We are having a mariachi for music.

#32 alkoch

alkoch
    • 515 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 12:37 AM

Hmm I wonder what he has for english masses, I can read spanish but I want/need the mass in english. Maybe if I just translate everything for him he will be fine.

#33 jmiranda

jmiranda
      • 697 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 01:56 PM

You should ask them to mail you a booklet in English.

#34 alkoch

alkoch
        • 515 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 11:39 PM

That's a good idea Jessica, I need to write all this down so that I dont forget to talk to the priest about all this. Are you getting excited to walk down the aisle? I just realized that your wedding is so close!!

#35 jmiranda

jmiranda
          • 697 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 01:52 PM

Yes I cant wait. I wasnt nervous until about a week ago. It suddenly hit me that its actually happening. Have actually seen the church in person? If you havent, you will not have any regrets. The church is so breath-taking beautiful. I just wish I could find some pictures of the flowers.

#36 LRO

LRO
            • 34 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 03:05 PM

When I spoke to Father Gonzalo he told us that we can do the readings in english too, so I don't think you will have a problem with that.

I'm still trying to get recent pictures of the flowers that they use in the church hopefully somebody can share the pictures

Jessica and Edna are next! hopefully we can have them before your ceremonies!

#37 alkoch

alkoch
              • 515 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 01:42 PM

I will try to see if my contact down there has any pictures of the flowers - And I won't see the church until we go but my parents are going in oct and taking pics. I don't know if you guys have seen these pics but these are the ones I have of the church:

Click the image to open in full size.

#38 jmiranda

jmiranda
                • 697 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 05:27 PM

Yes I have seen them. These are from Edna. I actually have alot of pictures from when I went if you want to see them. The church is much more beautiful in person though.

#39 nmers

nmers
                  • 16 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 04:32 PM

Hi ladies,

What is the paperwork necessary for a ceremony at La Iglesia de la Paz? And have any of you researched the necessary paperwork for other churches in PV, whether they are Catholic or not?

I understand it would be just a spiritual and not legal marriage (I am already legally married, but we had just a quick Justice of the Peace ceremony and plan to have a Catholic wedding in Puerto Vallarta in 2010).

#40 jmiranda

jmiranda
                    • 697 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 09:25 AM

You need to contact Father Gonzalo.
                      Contact your local priest.
                      Do precana classes.
                      Get your and your FI baptism and confirmation certificates stamped with present date.
                      Get letter from local priest approving your marriage in Mexico.
                      The certificate and the letter must be given to Father Gonzalo.

Let me know if you have any questions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users