For those of us about to start the BDW Season Six Biggest Loser challenge.....

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Vikki

• 807 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 11:18 AM

Ok ladies (and the random significant other that might be playing along):

The big challenge is balancing what you eat with the exercise you do right? So how many of us have a personal chef to make sure we don't live off of microwave dinners and Tortino's Pizza....??

Yeah, me either.

Check out this website All recipes ? complete resource for recipes and cooking tips. I met with a nutritionist last year and this was a resource she showed me. It's a free community where you can find and use recipies posted by other uses. Go to the section marked Healthy Cooking.

I like this site over the others I've found for two reasons: One, it allows you to view the nutritional content of the meal (calories, fat, carbs, sodium, ect). Two, you can throw together a list of 4 or 5 meals for the week, change the portion size down to reflect how many people you're cooking for and it puts together a grocery list. You can modify the list to add different items or remove items you already have.

Besides saving a ton of money (by not buying more than I need or getting food that doesn't get used) the quality and variety of food we eat so good!

Some of our favorites:
    Winter Fruit Salad with Lemon Poppyseed Dressing (with grilled chicken added)
    Chicken with Asparagus and Roasted Red Peppers
    Raspberry-Glazed Rosemary Chicken
    Basil Chicken over Angel Hair

I would love to see what meals you all are cooking so if you have an easy, light recipe to share please post it here!

#2 budgetjamaicabride

• 516 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 11:28 AM

I love to make a chicken and black bean taco salad

Chicken sauteed with blackbeans, taco seasoning, corn, and red peppers put on top of a a bed of lettuceand salsa, topped with lite sour cream and broken up baked tortilla chips for some crunch. A favorite of my FI and I

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users