Photo

Florida Panhandle: Sand Flies / No See-ums

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tguerre

tguerre
  • 78 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:44 AM

My fiance and I were attacked by sand flies while in Riveria Maya last December. My legs looked horrible. I have been reading that there are sand flies in the Panhandle. Any recommendations to keep them off me? Is bug spray strong enough? We are having a beach bonfire as part of our rehearsal the night before. I don't want my legs covered in red bumps for the wedding the next day. Help!
    34 Confirmed flights!!
    1 day til Florida!!
    7 days til the wedding!!

#2 kiki317

kiki317
    • 162 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:50 AM

Man i HATE those things!

They make this yard bug spray you can spray all around the location- i have no idea what the name is (we use it when we go camping) OH- YARD GARD! thats the name! good luck!

#3 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 8,680 posts
      • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
      • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
      • LocationUtah

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:55 AM

Hmmm I don't go to Panama City Beach on a regular basis but my hubby does and says there's no really getting away from the no seeums. He was just there 2 months ago and they were pretty bad.

I would suggest maybe "Deep Woods" bug spray, I know when I was up North that kept the no seeums at a safe distance.

Good luck!

#4 tguerre

tguerre
      • 78 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 12:05 PM

Yikes! Thanks for the tips. I might just go down to the beach for just a bit, but wear jeans, buy the yard guard, and the bug spray. I think I read something somewhere that you should also put baby oil on your legs. I'm definitely staying away from the beach at night. Do they not come out til sunset around 7pm?
        34 Confirmed flights!!
        1 day til Florida!!
        7 days til the wedding!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users