Photo

Steel drum band at rmb? Audio samples?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Zinski

Zinski
  • 46 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 03:01 PM

Does anyone who hired a steel drum band at any of the Riu's (especially MoBay!) have an audio or video sample of them playing? And did you hire them through the hotel or outside?? We are thinking about hiring one for the welcome party. And while we are on that subject, does anyone know the options for having a welcome party on the beach....maybe like a bonfire type thing (after dinnertime) with either a steel drum band or just our ipod and speakers...and of course drinks?! Thanks!!

#2 kris

kris
    • 506 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 06:21 PM

go to youtube, you can hear some samples there

#3 Trice

Trice
      • 295 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 01:30 PM

We had the steel band for our ceremony and for the cocktail hour on the beach right after. I have no audio or video samples yet. I loved them. I hired them threw Chantelle the wedding coordinator at the resort. I listened to them on Youtube before I went. I didn't care what songs they played. All I asked for was a certain song when I walked down the aisle. All you mention can be arranged with the resort wedding coordinator. Happy Planning :-)

#4 Zinski

Zinski
        • 46 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 04:49 PM

I would love to have them for those same two hours as well! Do you mind me asking how much that was for you? I would love to walk down the aisle to canon in d on the steel drums and the wedding march as the ceremony ends! other than that, I don't really care what they play either! Was the cocktail hour right there on the beach by the way?

#5 Trice

Trice
          • 295 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 07:02 PM

It was $700.00. Its $350.00 an hour. That's the same song I chose. I actually forgot to tell Chantelle before hand. I told her as she was walking me to the ceremony site. She walked over and told them just before I came down the aisle. Yes, it was right on the beach at the ceremony site.

#6 Zinski

Zinski
            • 46 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 12:18 PM

Great thanks for the info. Also, was the cocktail hour included with your package (we just want to do the Free Package) or did you have to pay extra for that?? Thanks again!

#7 Trice

Trice
              • 295 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 01:41 PM

We did the free package and just added stuff on to it. The champagne toast is included. We paid extra for the Jamaican cocktail hour which was $8.00 a person.

#8 Danyelle

Danyelle
                • 368 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 09:19 AM

This is such a helpful thread. Is the band through Chantelle your only option or can you book a different band to play at RMB?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users