Sign in to follow this  
DRB

Anyone quitting smoking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbride View Post
I'm actually feeling ok, I've had a couple of anxious moments but I just try to hit the gym or go for a run when they strike (I'm a grad student so I'm lucky to have the freedom to do that). I'm glad that you're doing ok and that I'm not alone about my FH. I keep telling him that it will get better (and I'm trying to tell myself the same, lol).
I just keep telling my FH to think about how we don't want to be old and unhealthy. I also keep reminding him about all the money we are gonna be saving after cigarrettes go up to $6 a pack next month

I quit smoking about a year ago. It was my "big change" I made to show commitment to my FI. I have to admit though, after a few drinks I'm STILL craving cigarettes and will sometimes sneak one. (shhh that's our little secret!)

Just a side note - the hardest time of the day for me when I was quitting was the morning. I used to sit out on my front porch with my coffee and cigarette every morning. It was SO hard to break that habit. On nice mornings I sit out there with my coffee and still miss that cigarette. (but not enough to go back!!)

It's funny how the routine things you do usually involve a cigarette! I haven't drank any wine since I quit smoking b/c I am so scared I will cave in!! And the main thing is I gave up cigs for Lent so I really really don't want to smoke during lent. And I figure by the time it's over I will have broke the habit hopefully.

My routine was to smoke in the morning with coffee, after eating or cleaning up, while talking on the phone etc. etc. etc. I am having a really rough time not smoking! I was dreaming about smoking all night long!!!!

I quit smoking over a year ago but I've gotten into the habit of having social smokes. Two of my best girlfriends still smoke and I just feel like I'm missing out, which is silly. I really need to get back on track cause it'll be easy to slip back into smoking all the time.

Ok ladies, so I'm the one that started this whole thread and I completely suck! I fell off the wagon hard core this weekend doh.gif

I don't even know what made me give in, I had lasted over 9 days without a single puff. I think it may be that FH relapsed and it just made it easier if I wanted a smoke. Having a smoke was a completely conscious decision on my part....so stupid of me!!!! Why did I sabotage myself like thathuh.gif?

Anyways, I'm now starting over again.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbride View Post
Ok ladies, so I'm the one that started this whole thread and I completely suck! I fell off the wagon hard core this weekend doh.gif

I don't even know what made me give in, I had lasted over 9 days without a single puff. I think it may be that FH relapsed and it just made it easier if I wanted a smoke. Having a smoke was a completely conscious decision on my part....so stupid of me!!!! Why did I sabotage myself like thathuh.gif?

Anyways, I'm now starting over again.....
If it makes you feel any better.... I'll admit that i fell off the wagon this weekend as well. It is so hard!!! Don't think that you sabotaged yourself b/c that will make you believe that you have failed, and a slip up is not a failure if you are motivated to continue trying. It is hard to break a habit that dominates your life and schedule for years. The important thing to keep in mind is that you are trying to quit and are not perfect.