Photo

Cruise Photographer

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#11 dai69

dai69
  • 49 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 05:05 PM

We actually were discussing how to 'smuggle' our photographer on as a 'guest' lol. My only thing is we are doing our wedding on the ship and not off the ship which I feel would be easier to hide. Since we can not afford to pay for the photographer's cruise he would just be one of our non-sailing guest. Has anyone ever did it this way!?!

#12 Banana11

Banana11
    • VIP Member
    • 8,841 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by dai69 

We actually were discussing how to 'smuggle' our photographer on as a 'guest' lol. My only thing is we are doing our wedding on the ship and not off the ship which I feel would be easier to hide. Since we can not afford to pay for the photographer's cruise he would just be one of our non-sailing guest. Has anyone ever did it this way!?!

It's not like the cruise line can set limits on how many pictures your guests take.  Do you know if they have a strict policy about photographers other then their own?

#13 dai69

dai69
      • 49 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by ~Andrea~ 

It's not like the cruise line can set limits on how many pictures your guests take.  Do you know if they have a strict policy about photographers other then their own?

RCCL guide just keeps mentioning that THEY will provide professional shipboard photographer. I didn't see the words "you can not bring your own". lol

NCL guide mentions they have a professional photographer for wedding day. Again, not saying the words "you can't bring your own".

However both mention not being allow outside vendors, so my guess this does include a photographer.

NCL:

Are outside wedding vendors allowed on board the ship?

Due to heightened security, NCL and/or Wedding Aisles

provides all professional services such as; wedding

photographers, videographers, entertainment, food and

beverage, cakes, fresh flowers, etc. No outside vendors

and/or services are permitted.

RCCL:

No outside vendors and / or services are

permitted.

#14 goodtoglow

goodtoglow
        • 110 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 08:36 AM

Michael you are right, there is SO much potential for amazing pictures to be taken on board the ship. 

I would LOVE to bring my own photographer from home.... but with the cost of flight, cruise, AND photography, it would probably cost me $6000+!!! So, on-island photographer it is and some friends will take pictures onboard the ship. 

Quote:
          Originally Posted by michaelwachniak 

I worked Jan 2006 to April 2007 as a Photographer on a major cruise line... I can honestly tell you this: Bring your own photographer. There are so many positive aspects of using the cruise ship photographer, but in the end (at least for this situation) they are very limited (time, locations, etc). When I shot my only wedding as a cruise ship photographer, I was only allowed (as per the wedding package) to shoot the ceremony, 1 hour of formal photos (on the ship only, as we were at sea, but i dont think i would have gotten off if we were docked), and then 3 photos in the steakhouse at night when they were having dinner (oh ya and 1 with their wedding cake after the steakhouse). Then there are the packages... X number of dollars gets you the 'coverage only' then you pay for the photos you want and the remaining ones literally get 'recycled' at the end of the cruise...

I would give anything to be a REAL wedding photographer on a cruise, there is so much potential!

In the end, I really do think people would be much happier with a full time wedding photographer. Having said that, most of the photographers on the ships have some insane talent and would knock your socks off... its just the packages and policies that diminish the WOW factor.

Thats my 2 CDN cents! If anyone has any cruise ship related questions, please don't hesitate to ask away! I am more than happy to help out! Besides, it gives the ol' nostalgia a kickstart :)

Michael

#15 Banana11

Banana11
          • VIP Member
          • 8,841 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 09:15 AM

You could find a photographer looking to build their portfolio. They may do it for the cost of the trip alone.

#16 dai69

dai69
            • 49 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 09:38 AM

That is a great suggestion!

We had already booked ours before changing to a DW, so we are stuck since we gave a deposit. We will still be using him since we have to have two wedding days. So we will use him for the legal ceremony in CT which will be a few days before the DW wedding.

#17 hunniebee724

hunniebee724
              • 340 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 04:44 PM

We were just married on the Carnival Miracle, and our pictures came out great!

_MG_7672.jpg_MG_7679.jpg_MG_7660.jpg

#18 dai69

dai69
                • 49 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 02:33 PM

Awwwww....congrats!!

Your pictures are beautiful.

I hope your wedding was just as great.

#19 hunniebee724

hunniebee724
                  • 340 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by dai69 

Awwwww....congrats!!

Your pictures are beautiful.

I hope your wedding was just as great.

Thank you!  The wedding was like a dream...just perfect!  I just posted my review :-)

#20 goodtoglow

goodtoglow
                    • 110 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 03:04 PM

Your pictures are just beautiful! You used the ships photographer?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users