Photo

ARUBA Wedding- Catholic ceremony? Renaissance Island info???

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mjtobin27

mjtobin27
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 07:00 PM

My fiance and I are planning on getting married in April 2010 on Renaissance Island. I emailed their generic wedding email address but I haven't heard anything back. Does anyone have a direct name/email? We are going to Aruba next month to plan everything- but I would love to contact the Renaissance first to set up an appointment.

We are planning on getting married in a Catholic church. I've gotten conflicting information about Aruban laws on non-citizens getting married in a church etc. Anyone have any insight on this?

Thanks so much in advance!!!!!!

#2 ehegwer

ehegwer
    • 139 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 10:32 AM

Hi -

I've worked a few times at the Renaissance - It may take a while for them to get back to you via e-mail. It's not their main way of communication. If you have a trip planned, don't worry, they will take care of you, and everything will be fine.

Planners for Island weddings aren't the same as their US counterparts. We are so used to simply e-mailing or calling someone here in the States, and getting an immediate response. Sometimes the rest of the world doesn't work that way.

If you are catholic, it shouldn't be a problem to be married in a church. Have you tried contacting your local diocese to have them help you?

Here is a to a Renaissance slideshow wedding I did last year.

#3 Bryan Morris

Bryan Morris
      • 52 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 12:26 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by mjtobin27
        My fiance and I are planning on getting married in April 2010 on Renaissance Island. I emailed their generic wedding email address but I haven't heard anything back. Does anyone have a direct name/email? We are going to Aruba next month to plan everything- but I would love to contact the Renaissance first to set up an appointment.

We are planning on getting married in a Catholic church. I've gotten conflicting information about Aruban laws on non-citizens getting married in a church etc. Anyone have any insight on this?

I've seen your question on the The Official Tourism Website of Aruba - Information for Travel, Hotels, and Reservations I'll look into this for you on Monday and get back to you.

Blessings,

Bryan Morris

#4 Mmack

Mmack
        • 118 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 05:29 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by mjtobin27

Goodluck. We are thinking of the Rennaisance too! We were there in September and loved it. Has anyone gotten married there? If so, would anyone be willing to share there pcitures?
          Thanks in advance for your help!!

Our wedding is in 11 weeks!!! Can't wait to be a Mrs.!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users