Photo

Riviera Maya Photographers

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 faithers81

faithers81
  • 93 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 12:59 PM

I am not sure if I want to use the photographer at my resort, Iberostar Del Mar. But, I am also not sure if I want to pay $300 bucks to bring in another photographer. What are you girls doing? How do you even find an outside photographer?

#2 Bianca

Bianca
    • 1,057 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 01:04 PM

There are so many threads about local photographers on here. Here are a couple names to start you off

Vanessa Vargas
      del Sol
      Claudia Rodriguez
      Martha Roque (I'm using her)
      Cecilia Dumas
      Lidya Solemidt
      Michael ---- Cant remember last name
      19 adults/3 children with flights booked! 10 rooms booked!
      http://dw.daisypath.com/BM2Hm4/.png

http://dpabride.blogspot.com/

#3 faithers81

faithers81
      • 93 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 01:06 PM

Has anyone heard of Foto Caribbean? That is the photographer my resort uses. I am wondering if they are any good?

#4 faithers81

faithers81
        • 93 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 01:06 PM

Thanks Bianca. I just do not know if I should spend the extra money.

#5 Bianca

Bianca
          • 1,057 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 01:13 PM

Chances are that the company your resort uses only works for that resort or a couple other local resorts. Paying to bring in another photographer is definetly an investment, but an outside photographer will also deliver a different quality of images than a resort photographer. That is not to say that the resort photographer is bad, but I think overall you can expect better quality images from a 3rd party photographer than with one that the resort offers. It all comes down to how important these photos are to you. For example, a resort photog might be taking more posed shots and an outside photog will catch more candid moments. Resort photogs usually only work for a certain time and you might have to pay more to keep them longer. You can get an outside photog to be there as long as you want. Another good point is that a resort photog is working for the resort, not you. A photog that you hire is working for you.
            19 adults/3 children with flights booked! 10 rooms booked!
            http://dw.daisypath.com/BM2Hm4/.png

http://dpabride.blogspot.com/

#6 TammyB

TammyB
            • 10,630 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 03:18 PM

I would look into hiring either a local photographer in that area or bring in your own. It's actually not as expensive as you might think and as Bianca mentioned the quailty and style is (IMO) much better. either way we have a ton of reviews on the forum, so just search and I'm sure you'll find them.

#7 faithers81

faithers81
              • 93 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 04:56 PM

Bianca, thanks for the names of photographers. I have sent a couple of them an e-mail for more information.

You are all right, the photographs are important and I want them to turn out right. I guess I will buck up!

#8 akbeach

akbeach
                • 169 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:31 AM

We are using Sascha Gluck at Wedding Photography for Cancun and Riviera Maya, Mexico Toll free USA/Canada 1800-619-3957. The rates are great and I loved the example photos. We are going to pay the $300 fee to Iberostar but I think it's worth it. We are not getting a video because the resort video quality doesn't seem that great at Iberostar. In order to hire a photographer, we are not doing a private cocktail hour. Instead, we are doing cake and champagne right after the ceremony and then will go do additional photos. That way, guests will have a chance to drink and eat cake while we take photos. If they need more drinks, they can head to the bar before dinner.
                  http://cancunphotos.bigfolioblog.com/
                  Photo by Sascha Gluck from Cancun Photos

#9 SunBride

SunBride
                  • 1,499 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 01:05 AM

Another local photographer option is Moments that Matter. They are a vendor on this forum. They recently moved there (from Canada I think).

#10 SunBride

SunBride
                    • 1,499 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 01:05 AM

Another local photographer option is Moments that Matter. They are a vendor on this forum. They recently moved there (from Canada I think).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users