Photo

Sandals Jamaica Transfers

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 JennLizFran

JennLizFran
  • 49 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 01:40 PM

So, as per my prev. post we're back to going to Jamaica for the wedding. If some of my guests decided to stay at a different Sandals resort in Jamaica, would they be provided with free transfers? Does this apply to all the Sandals and Beaches in Jamaica, or only ones in the same "area". Thanks!
    Sandals Royal Carribean July 10, 2010 - Looking to share a Photographer!!

#2 2bebridejamaica

2bebridejamaica
    • 1,206 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 02:54 PM

I was Married at Beaches Negril and even with Sandals Negril and Beaches Sandy Bay only at most 5 minutes down the road... Sandals Negril had no transfers to Beaches Negril unless you wanted to pay for a taxi. I had guests stay at all 3 of the resorts. My Sandals guests did not mind as they grouped together when coming over to the resort... Sandy Bay is alot smaller that Beaches Negril... and they do not have a spa/salon... so this is why Beaches to Beaches got a shuttle service supposedly from my Miami WC. The shuttle ran from 8am to 10pm. But this is just my expierence with the Negril area... MoBay and OR may be different.

Check with TA Jennifer too .... she is always able to help.

#3 JenniferSS

JenniferSS

Banned

• Banned
      • 1,047 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 03:17 PM

There have been a few changes over the last 6 months or so with regards to Beaches/Sandals and transfers:

Sandals provides transfers to each of the resorts (Sandals & Beaches) from the airport in Montego Bay.

Sandals has transfers between Sandals resorts in each area- Montego Bay and Ocho Rios.

Sandals guests can visit any Sandals or Beaches on the island, however if you are traveling outside of the "town" you are in or when the shuttles are not running you will pay for a taxi. ( Need to show your Sandals card upon arrival and better to pre-arrange with the resort that you are staying at, so the other property is expecting you).

Beaches resorts no longer have free reign to visit Sandals ( for weddings we secure permission and is a seperate item to handle).

Sandals & Beaches can not visit with Royal Planation- RP can however use Sandals facilities.

HTH

#4 JennLizFran

JennLizFran
        • 49 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 03:25 PM

Great! I had planned on e-mailing you later this week TA Jennifer, but I thought others may be interested in the info as well. Thanks! So, my other question is, which Sandals resorts are considered within the Ocho Rios area?

#5 JennLizFran

JennLizFran
          • 49 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:06 PM

Ok, so I think I've got this figured out. The transfers in Montego Bay apply to: Montego Bay, Royal Carribean and Sandals Inn. The transfers in Ocho Rios apply to: SGOR and Dunns River. You can only golf for free if you are staying at SGOR or Dunns River. Do I have it right?

#6 JenniferSS

JenniferSS

Banned

• Banned
            • 1,047 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:21 AM

Hi Jen!

Perfect about the transfers between the resorts- keep in mind that for the golfing it's free transfers and also greens fees- clubs, shoes, balls and the mandatory (it's a a Jamaica thing) caddies will be extra!

#7 JennLizFran

JennLizFran
              • 49 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:40 AM

TA Jennifer- Thanks! We're trying to narrow down a resort, so I'm sure I'll have a ton more questions! So I'll be in touch through email and we'll be ready to book this Spring! You've been so helpful!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users