Sign in to follow this  
claudette

Moon Dance Cliffs

Originally Posted by lisa203 View Post

Hi all! I just spent way more time than I care to admit reading this ENTIRE thread. My fiancé and I hope to get married at Moon Dance Cliffs on 6.21.11 (our 9 year anniversary!). All I've managed to successfully do so far is check to see if they have that date available...they do. To those getting married next year - would you mind sharing the rates you were able to secure? This would help me so much as I'd like to give people a ball park of what it would cost to join us (nearly everyone lives in CT and would be flying out of NY). Did you negotiate through a TA? If I end up using one I would love for them to be already familiar with MDC, so any recommendations would be quite helpful. I've sent an inquiry to the TAs here and have yet to hear back so I'm poking around on my own in the mean time.

Thanks in advance!

I'm getting married at MDC next November and was quoted $255 for the hotel rooms and $275 for the 4 and 5 bedroom villas.  Bride and groom are also given a complimentary upgrade to the Poinciana villa based on the hotel room rate.  Unfortunately, they double booked on us so they offered us the weekend before or after our initial date at 15% off so prices are down to $216 for the hotel rooms and $233 for the villas.  Their rates are on the site, though, your prices would be different from mine since you'd be getting married in season.

Hi Groundhog -

Thanks for the reply. I had posted that while I waited to here back from MDC. We've since booked our wedding and can't wait! When are you getting married? 

Originally Posted by Groundhog79 View Post

Quote:

Hi all! I just spent way more time than I care to admit reading this ENTIRE thread. My fiancé and I hope to get married at Moon Dance Cliffs on 6.21.11 (our 9 year anniversary!). All I've managed to successfully do so far is check to see if they have that date available...they do. To those getting married next year - would you mind sharing the rates you were able to secure? This would help me so much as I'd like to give people a ball park of what it would cost to join us (nearly everyone lives in CT and would be flying out of NY). Did you negotiate through a TA? If I end up using one I would love for them to be already familiar with MDC, so any recommendations would be quite helpful. I've sent an inquiry to the TAs here and have yet to hear back so I'm poking around on my own in the mean time.
Thanks in advance!

I'm getting married at MDC next November and was quoted $255 for the hotel rooms and $275 for the 4 and 5 bedroom villas.  Bride and groom are also given a complimentary upgrade to the Poinciana villa based on the hotel room rate.  Unfortunately, they double booked on us so they offered us the weekend before or after our initial date at 15% off so prices are down to $216 for the hotel rooms and $233 for the villas.  Their rates are on the site, though, your prices would be different from mine since you'd be getting married in season.

Congrats!!  I'm so excited to start planning.  Kerry is awesome so far.

Hi Groundhog -

Thanks for the reply. I had posted that while I waited to here back from MDC. We've since booked our wedding and can't wait! When are you getting married? 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog79 View Post

Quote:

Thanks in advance!

I was wondering if anyone has used the DJ that Kerry recommends - Sound Illusion Entertainment.  His rates sound good, but I'm really impressed by the reviews that DJ Vaun is getting on here.  Can anyone tell me what his rates are compared to the other?  Thanks  :)

DJ Vaun is actually slightly cheaper than Sound Illusion. I have a site visit scheduled for a week from Friday and plan to meet with them both to talk about what we'd like for our rehearsal dinner. I'll keep you posted!

Hi Ladies!

I just found this site and spent my night reading the entire thread.  GREAT INSIGHT!!!!  I will be getting married at MDC on April 8.  I booked it at the last minute (that's really the only date they had left in the spring) and I am sooooooooo happy with my decision.  I sent out boarding pass invitations (http://sparklingeventdesigns.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2010-11-18T07%3A00%3A00-08%3A00&max-results=5).....LOVE THEM!!!!!  Now trying to debate on sending reminder postcards????  

For those of you who have already visited, I heard that Jamaica Customs is the WORST!!!!!!  Did anyone have trouble bringing in their dress and pre-purchased wedding items?  I just need to be prepared and interested in knowing if you have any stories/advice to share.  Look forward to chatting with you all!!!!

Robin

Hi Robin! Congrats on booking! I find that the hardest part of it all is the wait, lol.

Your invites are beautiful! Iâ€d send something after the holidays...I think your postcard idea is perfect.

Iâ€ve experienced Jamaica customs a number of times but never as a bride lugging tons of wedding stuff so Iâ€m eager to hear stories as well. How is planning going for you otherwise?