Photo

Tipping the Wedding Planner????

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#11 ipodgirl

ipodgirl
  • 49 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:39 PM

Our wedding planner worked for the resort. We gave her a thank you card and a necklace from Tiffany. I also tipped for hair and makeup. My photographer I gave a thank you card and a Best Buy gift card.

I didn't tip florist, DJ, etc all those other things because I got the rest through the hotel and not directly. @_@ Was I suppose to tip seperately? Hmmm now I cannot remember if we added service charge on top of our total bill.
    :: 8.8.08 Le Meridien Cancun ::
    http://i463.photobuc..../sergio_33.jpg
    picture by Sergio the photographer

#12 lolkitteh

lolkitteh
    • 167 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 06:02 AM

My understanding is that the only tip-able events occur when someone performs a service for you that doesn't involve and actual end-product.

Going by those rules, you don't tip your photographer (s/he provides your photos as the end product, and the session fee is theoretically included in your payment), florist, baker, and the like.

When the vendor performs a service, then it becomes a potentially tip-able event. (After all, tips are supposedly optional). Thus, you would tip your hairstylist, makeup artist, delivery people (cake, catering, etc.) and officiate (assuming s/he didn't charge a specific fee). Depending on whether the gratuity was including in your catering/reception site contract, you may or may not need to tip the waitstaff/bartender, although if one of them does a particularly good job, you might slip them a little something in the end.

My WCs being provided by the hotel, and I consider their services part of the package. I'll probably end up giving them gifts instead of money tips.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users