Sign in to follow this  
Rob&Sue

Tipping the Wedding Planner????

Typically it is customary to tip the WC. I think you can relax the stringency on the amount if you have an All inclusive deal versus contracting one externally. Also if you'd like, you could also purchase a nice gift for them as well.

Is this an etiquette requirement? My WC is part of the package but we are paying her 15% of our total wedding. Considering the fact that we are spending over $35k+, we are actually paying her a decent amount. To tip her on top of that seems like just another cost that we hadn't planned for.

Do you have to tip everyone who is a vendor at your wedding? Photographer, Caterer, DJ, Pastor, 3-piece band? That's a lot that adds up in tips. Is this custom different in Europe?

Thx,

I was wondering the same thing....

My wedding planner does not work for the resort. We hired her and are paying $5,000 for her services.

Do we tip her on top of that? And if so what would be appropriate?

Our WC is included in our package but we will tip her on top of that but I did not even think about tipping the mariachi band we hired for 45 min.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly C View Post
We tipped. I wrote her a thank you card and gave her $100.
This is what I did. Our WC worked at Dreams, no idea how if they get a percentage of the wedding or not, but she worked her butt off and she was fabulous!