Photo

Wedding over Spring Break in DR?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 marisacastro

marisacastro
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:20 PM

I am getting married March 10, 2009 at the edenH real arena over one of the several spring break weeks for universities/schools. Has anyone been to the DR during this time and could share what it was like? I'm worried the beach will be crazy and I would really like a beach ceremony. Thanks!

#2 nikkikennedy

nikkikennedy
    • 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 11:01 PM

I have not been, but I am also getting married at Edenh. Our date is April 18th and I was worried about the same thing. I would love to hear about how everything works out afterwards! Good luck and congrats!!

#3 marisacastro

marisacastro
      • 44 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 12:14 PM

I will let you know what my experience is like when I get back. I know the hotel discourages spring breakers...but the beach is not private. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Congrats on your wedding!!

#4 Outdoor_girl1010

Outdoor_girl1010
        • 657 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 01:46 PM

Please do let us know what its like during that time frame. Seeing that I will be there the 13th of March 2010 this information will be very helpful!!
          Cory & Jennifer
          March 13, 2010Punta Cana D.R.!!http://i150.photobuc....3/IMG_6740.jpg

#5 Outdoor_girl1010

Outdoor_girl1010
          • 657 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 12:20 PM

Thank you that does help a little!
            Cory & Jennifer
            March 13, 2010Punta Cana D.R.!!http://i150.photobuc....3/IMG_6740.jpg

#6 DTHSLove

DTHSLove
            • 347 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 10:12 AM

It may be crazy..I try to keep away from spring breakers they are crazy..

#7 Wendy1986

Wendy1986
              • 10 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 10:26 PM

I have heard that Punta Cana doesn't have as many spring breakers (the college type party kids) as say Puerta Plata.. Thats at least what I'm hoping for! :)

#8 marisacastro

marisacastro
                • 44 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 07:01 PM

I just got back from my beach wedding at the EdenH...it was wonderful!! I would have not guessed it was spring break. I saw mostly older couples and families. I never noticed the typical teenage/college kids you'd expect over spring break. The resort you select may have something to do with it. I know the Edenh does not allow more than 3 people per room. Also, my wedding happened at 11:00am...I thought the time was perfect for me. Not as many people out on the beach yet at that time and the lighting was perfect. Plus, it wasn't hot like I thought it was going to be. In fact, there is a constant breeze that kept everyone comfortable...we are from Texas so we are used to much warmer temperatures.

As far as the beach ceremony went, yes there are people watching and taking pics and even video. But they all seemed respectful and kept their distance...I even got a cheer from the crowd as I walked towards the ceremony site. I actually thought it was cute...it certainly made me smile!

I will be posting a review soon so you may want to keep an eye out for it so you may see my photos.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users