Photo

Majestic Colonial or Elegance Brides Post Here

• Please log in to reply
1361 replies to this topic

#91 Helen_S81

Helen_S81
  • 985 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 11:18 AM

I was at the Majestic Elegance last week. I have posted a non-wedding review with lots of pictures. I will do my best to answer any questions!

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t39091

#92 joshfrommontreal

joshfrommontreal
    • 291 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 12:10 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by newbride
      You can add me to the list tentatively for February 2010! Yay!

I spoke to my TA today and I think that the Colonial is going to be a go (she's away for all of next week though so I still have to wait....I'm so impatient!).

Josh: It looks like we might end up leaving January 31st which is earlier than we expected but the prices are better, I'll email you with the final details. BTW thanks so much for the amazing engagement pics!!!!!!
      Amazing Melissa! I just got back from Punta Cana and I leave again next week. I had so much fun that day despite the bitter cold, we need to do eshoot 2.0 in Montreal!

#93 DRB

DRB
      • 647 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 10:18 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by joshfrommontreal
        Amazing Melissa! I just got back from Punta Cana and I leave again next week. I had so much fun that day despite the bitter cold, we need to do eshoot 2.0 in Montreal!
        Definitely! I can't wait! At least when we do the Montreal shoot it will be nice and warm, lol.

#94 anna_c

anna_c
        • 44 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:33 PM

Thank you so much lscilley for posting those prices. We want to get married in PC spring of next year and I've been doing research 24/7 on hotels in PC and even though I've stayed at a few hotels down there I want to have the wedding at one I haven't been yet and Majestic has caught my attention the most, not sure which, Colonial or Elegance. I want a real 'wow' factor so maybe the Elegance. But I have been trying get get in contact with a WC to get more detailed information and I haven't heard from them, its been almost a week. Have anyone had problems with any of the WC not getting back promptly?
          Your information has really helped, now my concern is their service.

#95 MexicoBeachBride2010

MexicoBeachBride2010
          • 280 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:35 PM

It normal takes a little while to hear a response. It's not that they aren't good at doing weddings...its that they are busy doing weddings. Give it time though because they aren't booking officially until April 2009 and it they normally take a week to get back to you. You can always give in like I did and call them or go through a travel agent. All the prices at the beginning of this thread are pretty accurate, however room rates will not be available until May 2009 for next year. I know it's frustrating but we are all waiting too so you aren't alone! When are you looking to get married?

#96 lscilley

lscilley
            • 1,466 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 01:07 AM

Yes I agree give them some time to get back to you but once they do they are fantastic at answering all your questions. I think it took almost 3 weeks the first time I got an email from the WC.

#97 lscilley

lscilley
              • 1,466 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 01:09 AM

Updated the list.

Upcoming Majestic Brides:
                June 2009
                Christinamaria22- June 4, 2009

August 2009
                Melwhip- Aug 3, 2009

October 2009
                cgf - October 27, 2009

November 2009
                lscilley- Nov 16, 2009
                andime85- Nov 24, 2009

December 2009
                SunnyCherries - Dec 8, 2009
                xcandilkx-Dec 31, 2009

January 2010
                trance angelxOx- Jan 19, 2010

February 2010
                newbride

#98 anna_c

anna_c
                • 44 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 08:51 AM

We are thinking May of 2010. I guess the reason why I'm getting a bit impatient is mostly because we are visiting the DR this May to visit my family (I'm originally from the DR) its the only time we are able to go this year and we'd like to take advantage of that trip to visit the hotel and determine if we want to have it at the Colonial or the Elegance. So I wanted to set up a meeting with them. But now that you've posted the detailed pricing list I think its safe to say I can go ahead and book our stay and then figure out how to meet with them. The pricing was the determining factor, so thank you very much.

#99 MexicoBeachBride2010

MexicoBeachBride2010
                  • 280 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 03:38 PM

Hey Anna...I have looked into alot of resorts and I can honestly say when you compare everything...the Majestic knocks the socks off of alot of resorts. Do you know when in May you are looking to get married? Maybe we'll be down there around the same time! :o) Happy planning!

#100 liujessicam

liujessicam
                    • 25 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 09:57 PM

Hi Everyone,

I saw the menu for the Rodeo in the package Josh Brown shared, but was wondering if anyone had the menu for Tres Carabelas?

thanks!
                      Jess

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users