Sllefebvr
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 11:51 AM

Nobody has any idea?!?

#12 redginger

redginger
    • 360 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 10:09 PM

Sllefebvr: Check out the Silver Birds Steel Ochestra. On their website, you can listen to their sample music. We can't afford a steel band, but our photographer recommended them. Good luck!

Okay girls... where are your suggestions? I am looking to find a steel drum band in Negril, Jamaica!!

#13 Sllefebvr

Sllefebvr
      • 1,008 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 03:43 AM

Thank you SO much!!

Originally Posted by redginger 

Sllefebvr: Check out the Silver Birds Steel Ochestra. On their website, you can listen to their sample music. We can't afford a steel band, but our photographer recommended them. Good luck!

http://www.silverbir...silverbirds.cfm

#14 Sllefebvr

Sllefebvr
        • 1,008 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 03:58 AM

Did she happen to mention how much they were? I am really really trying to stay under $2,500.00 for the steel drum band..

#15 redginger

redginger
          • 360 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 11:34 AM

No, she didn't mentioned how much they charge. But they play for some of the major resorts including Sandals. Beaches Negril is a Sandals resort, so perhaps your hotel can help you negotiate a good deal? Good luck...I think it'll be so much fun to have a steel band!

Originally Posted by Sllefebvr 

Did she happen to mention how much they were? I am really really trying to stay under $2,500.00 for the steel drum band..

#16 Sllefebvr

Sllefebvr
            • 1,008 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 01:59 PM

Thank you so much for all of your advice!!

No, she didn't mentioned how much they charge. But they play for some of the major resorts including Sandals. Beaches Negril is a Sandals resort, so perhaps your hotel can help you negotiate a good deal? Good luck...I think it'll be so much fun to have a steel band!

#17 redginger

redginger
              • 360 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:13 PM

I recently returned from Jamaica, and had the chance to see the Silver Birds Steel Ochestra perform live twice at two different resorts. They are seriously talented young group. They not only play steel drums, but also dance. I would really recommend them if you can afford a band.

http://www.silverbir...silverbirds.cfm

#18 Mandy Covault

Mandy Covault
                • 4 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:12 AM

Hey Ladies! I just got married at the Grand Palladium last month and we used Silver Birds for our steel drum band and they are AMAAAAAZING!!! We saw them while on vacation last year and then hired them for our wedding.  Best. Decision. Ever!!  You will not be disappointed. 

We also used IRIE JAMZ for our DJ and they were so unbeleiveable.  They were the most kind, hard working, accommadating people i have ever met.  They made our reception absolutely perfect.  They were a bit expensive but worth every penny.  Damane, the owner and Oliver, our DJ did whatever it took to make our day perfect.  Their contact information is: 

Damane Scott
                  Irie Jamz Entertainment
                  876-458-3864
                  iriejamzmusic@yahoo.com
                  www.iriejamzjamaica.com

Honestly I was just like all of you... sleepless nights, anxiously waiting for email replys, stressing about everything and these two helped make our day the best day we could have ever asked for. Feel free to email me directly if you have any questions: mandycovault@gmail.com

Good luck, girls!!  Enjoy the stress and planning.  Your wedding day goes by sooooooo fast and it's all worth it :) 

#19 Islander88

Islander88
                  • 120 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:51 AM

great suggestion on iriejamz. never heard of em but will check em out

#20 lkterry

lkterry
                    • 157 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:54 PM

Just listened to some steel drums on youtube.  Hadn't even really considered it, but it did sound good.  AND very jamaican :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users