Photo

Wedding Sparklers?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#11 Mrs D To Be!

Mrs D To Be!
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 08:05 PM

i also like this idea, so different...thinking i may be looking into this one - thanks ladies!

#12 SAM

SAM
    • 542 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 01:36 AM

A few years ago I worked a wedding where they had sparklers. It was an inside event at some winery...can't remember the name. Note the couple didn't tell any of the staff working that they had sparklers, they had a family member hand them out.

Well when the couple went to cut their cake, guests had lit sparklers. The sparklers became very very smokey and the whole room filled with smoke setting off the fire alarm. Everyone began to panic and running out of the place. My boss and I were on the floor crawling to the door. Fire department came and some guests just left.

That's my weird story.

#13 stelladiver

stelladiver
      • 47 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 01:55 AM

LOL!! that is the best story -- hilarious! question for the Mexico brides who are doing sparklers: how much did you pay for your sparklers? thanks!

#14 Suddhasattwa

Suddhasattwa
        • 1 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 08:16 PM

My sister used sparklers in her wedding 2 years ago and I loved them.  Now my fiance and I were talking about using the little 8 inch sparklers--they're really cheap.  But he disagreed with me, and thought that someghing llonger would be better, so people wouldn't have problems lighting and relighting more sparklers.  My sister found some stuff on the Skylighter site about how to use sparklers in weddings.Any idea?? Please help.

#15 kim4483

kim4483
          • Site Supporter
          • 81 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 01:51 PM

I would also like to use sparklers at my wedding.  At the end of my reception I am going to have fire dancers.  I think I might use the sparklers right after the fire dancers.   I'm not sure yet.....

So far the websites I looked at do not ship out of the US.  Does anyone know where to order them in Mexico?  The wedding planner at the resort said that she has them for $5 a person.  Does that price seem right?

#16 STAC8228

STAC8228
            • 155 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 04:41 PM

I like the ideas of sparklers on the beach for a sunset wedding, btut would be scared of the hot ash too!

#17 calicat

calicat
              • 29 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:47 PM

I think sparklers are such a nice touch, but they are pretty costly if you have to buy them in Mexico from your WC.

#18 LAtravelgirl

LAtravelgirl
                • 163 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:48 PM

I know this is an old thread, but if anyone has experience packing sparklers, please post if there was any issue at the airport with having them in checked luggage.

#19 janette34

janette34
                  • 417 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:15 AM

Yup, I know all about this one!  I packed them after spending hours making my own DIY tags for them and they never made it to Mexico.  They called for me over the PA at the airport before we boarded, took me inside a little room while I watched them open my luggage.  They took the sparklers but were very nice about the whole thing even offering to let me remove the tags so I could buy new sparklers once we got to Mexico.

Originally Posted by LAtravelgirl 

I know this is an old thread, but if anyone has experience packing sparklers, please post if there was any issue at the airport with having them in checked luggage.

#20 sdj327

sdj327
                    • 171 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by janette34 

Yup, I know all about this one!  I packed them after spending hours making my own DIY tags for them and they never made it to Mexico.  They called for me over the PA at the airport before we boarded, took me inside a little room while I watched them open my luggage.  They took the sparklers but were very nice about the whole thing even offering to let me remove the tags so I could buy new sparklers once we got to Mexico.

i'm so sorry to hear that. i am intrigued about your diy tags though ;) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users