Photo

*The official Aruba Brides CHAT thread*

• Please log in to reply
431 replies to this topic

#61 strength

strength
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 04:33 PM

i might be blind but i can't find a spot for aruba brides. does it not exist? i was certainly hoping i would meet some other ladies traveling to aruba for their big day!

#62 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 04:59 PM

Yay you got approved! Welcome!

#63 pc42

pc42
      • 3 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 11:23 PM

Me too!!! Still in the planning stages though...anyone has suggestions? I'm looking at the Westin, Marriott and Hyatt. The Hyatt seems really expensive though - yikes!

What about other Aruba brides? Any suggestions?

#64 TA Dina

TA Dina
        • 181 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 12:26 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by pc42
          Me too!!! Still in the planning stages though...anyone has suggestions? I'm looking at the Westin, Marriott and Hyatt. The Hyatt seems really expensive though - yikes!

What about other Aruba brides? Any suggestions?
          Check out the Radisson too. Not as big as the Hyatt or Marriott, but a very nice resort.

#65 lgarner83

lgarner83
          • 530 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 09:36 PM

Maybe us too! We're looking at Holiday Inn Sunspree Aruba :) Is anyone getting a wedding planner and geeting married offsite?

#66 Kathie

Kathie
            • 2,654 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 01:23 PM

Kristin I was at the Bucuti last October. I've been to Aruba three times and hope to get married there too. They have the nicest beach, you'll love it.

#67 Kathie

Kathie
              • 2,654 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 01:24 PM

Any information at any of the resorts, prices, etc. would be helpful. I'm still not sure where I'm getting married but Aruba looks like it might work. I was thinking of the AI Divi. Anyone know anything about that? I did hear the Manchebo was great.

#68 Kathie

Kathie
                • 2,654 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 01:26 PM

I am also looking for information on Aruba and am very grateful to Alyssa for clueing me in!

#69 aruba2008

aruba2008
                  • 10 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 10:01 AM

Whatever you do, don't select the Westin. I was married there three weeks ago and the wounds are still fresh. As noted from my previous postings, they were just so unorganized. My husband and I vowed to never talk about what a horrible experience it was dealing with the wedding coordinator and her lack of professionalism (and her immediate supervisor) because it isn't the memory we wanted to have of our wedding.

The actually wedding day was beautiful, but the planning was uncordinated and lacked care. If you want a wedding coordinator to care about you, don't choose the Westin. Now, I know they're going through changes in their wedding department, so maybe things will get better in the future, but I worked with them for ten months and went through four different coordinators; I believe my experience goes to show why that is warning enough.

With that being said, I loved Aruba. The people are friendly, the weather is gorgeous and the food is delicious. I don't regret having my wedding in Aruba. All our guests loved the experience. Good luck!

#70 Kathie

Kathie
                    • 2,654 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 10:47 AM

You do have to remember the good stuff about it. I'm so sorry you had a difficult experience though. I'm glad the day was good. I love Aruba too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users