Jump to content
Heidi

*The official Aruba Brides CHAT thread*

Recommended Posts


hahaaa!! thanks! It was fantassssstic! wouldn't change a thing! For the music though, I rented the sound system that they had available, it was $250, but I can't remember if it was flat or $250/hour...more than likely by the hour. It was great. Someone on another thread was talking about this app called my wedding dj, and I actually bought an ipod touch just to take advantage of this $5 app. Let the resort provide the dock though, it is well worth the money in the end, not having to worry about it. If there is anything I can help you with, PM me, obviously, no need to be on this site much anymore....am having withdrawal though :(
 

Originally Posted by kfady529 View Post

Congrats on your wedding Mrs :)!!  I read your what I would and wouldn't do. I am having mine on the beach as well was it very windy?? SO do you think it was loud enough that is my main concern do you know what kind of dock you had. So are you happy with your decision I know you were going back and forth in the beginning, I guess when you think about it its in Aruba so you cant go wrong :) Any advise for us still waiting on deck lol!! Realized I have a little less than 7 months left and am going in to ohhh shitt mode freak mode will soon follow!

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi ladies!

 

I just wanted to give an update on my Aruba wedding plans! (I think my real life friends and family are tired of all my updates, but I'm sure you ladies don't mind ;) LOL

 

We are booked for May 12, 2012 at the Renaissance Aruba!  I am so excited and cannot wait.  Juney has been super accommodating and helpful.  It's a pleasure working with him!

 

We have also booked our photographer - Victor Winklaar.  I am so impressed by his photos, and every time I see him post new pictures on Facebook I get more and more excited. 

 

AND I think I found my wedding dress!  But I'm not going to share until I'm certain.. I don't want to jinx myself!

 

How are all of you doing with your plans???

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


You are getting married one week before me! i am getting married May 19th at Bucuti!

Originally Posted by anad1027 View Post

Hi ladies!

 

I just wanted to give an update on my Aruba wedding plans! (I think my real life friends and family are tired of all my updates, but I'm sure you ladies don't mind ;) LOL

 

We are booked for May 12, 2012 at the Renaissance Aruba!  I am so excited and cannot wait.  Juney has been super accommodating and helpful.  It's a pleasure working with him!

 

We have also booked our photographer - Victor Winklaar.  I am so impressed by his photos, and every time I see him post new pictures on Facebook I get more and more excited. 

 

AND I think I found my wedding dress!  But I'm not going to share until I'm certain.. I don't want to jinx myself!

 

How are all of you doing with your plans???

 

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Thanks and so happy your day was amazing just they way it should be. And thanks for the reassurance of the dock makes me feel better. Any tips for us still waiting must and must not's,places to see eat @ or or not. I know you give so much of your time to the wedding that when it is done your prob like what now :) I am deff looking into that ipod app thanks

Originally Posted by traceysteve View Post

hahaaa!! thanks! It was fantassssstic! wouldn't change a thing! For the music though, I rented the sound system that they had available, it was $250, but I can't remember if it was flat or $250/hour...more than likely by the hour. It was great. Someone on another thread was talking about this app called my wedding dj, and I actually bought an ipod touch just to take advantage of this $5 app. Let the resort provide the dock though, it is well worth the money in the end, not having to worry about it. If there is anything I can help you with, PM me, obviously, no need to be on this site much anymore....am having withdrawal though :( 

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to know thanks so much! I think I am going to go with the doc my party is small about 30 or so and any where to save some $$. If I change my mind i will de3ff look in to Tino alot have said hes good. Congrats
 

Originally Posted by jmastr05 View Post

Of course as soon as I hit "submit," I remembered some useful information.

 

My WC told me that even if you don't use the DJ for his services but need DJ equipment, the DJ would still be present as an equipment technician, and, therefore, would still be paid. (I asked because one of my guests is a DJ and I considered having him DJ the reception). So if you need an amplifier for your iPod, the same may apply. I would ask to make sure.

 

I decided that if I am paying the DJ anyway, it may as well be for his role as a DJ (and not a technician). 

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Ladies!

 

I haven't posted very often,but I found this site to be a great resource during the wedding planning process.

 

Just returned from Aruba where we had an amazing time!! I can't stop looking at all the gorgeous pictures our friends and family captured! We were married on Divi Beach, and had our reception at Pure Beach for ~40 people. I had all sorts of questions and concerns...planning a wedding on "Caribbean time" when you're used to different standards, whether or not to wear a veil in spite of the wind, the civil ceremony process, trashing the dress, ceremony music, ipod use for the cocktail reception, etc. Realized that you really do just have to go with the flow and try not to panic when it seems like you're still finalizing details 1 month out (eeek...I know), the wind was perfect on our wedding day and I was soooo glad I went with my gut and bought the veil anyway, and was really glad we did the civil ceremony there.

 

Feel free to email me with any questions :) cmonique702@gmail.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I agree!! Make the best of it. Aruba was amazing, the weather was perfect, food fantastic, and the people helpful. Island time is special, but I found I adapted once we landed. Was really not bothered by much, even when my cake almost took a header...meh...whatever, I'm married now, was pretty much all I was thinking. All of the things I thought would piss me off, didn't...shocking really, because I was so irritable before we left! Please PM me if you guys have any questions. There were little things I didn't think about until the week before, like place card holders...duh! You need them in Aruba to hold the place cards down...literally.Try not to get stressed out, have fun, get married!
 

Originally Posted by weddingbelle View Post

Hi Ladies!

 

I haven't posted very often,but I found this site to be a great resource during the wedding planning process.

 

Just returned from Aruba where we had an amazing time!! I can't stop looking at all the gorgeous pictures our friends and family captured! We were married on Divi Beach, and had our reception at Pure Beach for ~40 people. I had all sorts of questions and concerns...planning a wedding on "Caribbean time" when you're used to different standards, whether or not to wear a veil in spite of the wind, the civil ceremony process, trashing the dress, ceremony music, ipod use for the cocktail reception, etc. Realized that you really do just have to go with the flow and try not to panic when it seems like you're still finalizing details 1 month out (eeek...I know), the wind was perfect on our wedding day and I was soooo glad I went with my gut and bought the veil anyway, and was really glad we did the civil ceremony there.

 

Feel free to email me with any questions :) cmonique702@gmail.com



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Ladies,

 

Its finally booked!!   We're getting married November 24th, 2012 on Renaissance Island!!!  I've been creapin on this site for a while, and now its officially happening.  This site is amazing - thank you to everyone who's posted so far.

 

12 months to go... I'll need to make one of those count down tickers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alison:

 

I hope this is still your email address (your post was from 2009)! I was thinking about getting married at the Aruba Surfside Marina but I have never been there and know little about it. We already have the Radisson booked for our reception, but are considering other options. Can you please tell me a bit about your experience there?

 

Thank you soooo much!

 

Kristin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love your story and congratulations! I am getting married in Aruba and we are looking at different venues. I see that you got married at the Ren. but stayed at the Aruba Surfside Marina. Our wedding coordinator suggested looking into getting married at the Surfside MArina. Is it nice there for a reception? We want a nice elegant wedding and it is hard to decide what is best from pictures... Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×