Boarding passes - word, ppt or photoshop?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 monkey

• 49 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 02:21 PM

Does the quality or ease of use matter which program you use? I am familiar with all of them but thought before I got working on my invites I would ask which program is the most user friendly and allows you to do the most. There are some amazing designs on here - the bar is set quite high! Also, for those who took them to a professional printer, does the printer care what program they are in?

#2 Bianca

• 1,057 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 02:29 PM

I think it depends how elaborate you want them to be... In photoshop you can put a white stroke around the images or text so it makes it stand out if there is a background. I made mine in PPT... It was my fist DIY project and it was pretty simple and direct. There obviously werent many design choices, but it worked. I then saved it as a PDF and used that to print from. For my invites, I am using Illustrator.
      19 adults/3 children with flights booked! 10 rooms booked!

#3 adias.angel

• 719 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 03:35 PM

I used word so that if I take them somewhere to be printed that is a universal program. http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t31653

I used photoshop to design the lettering, saved it as a jpg and then moved it over the boarding pass.

What program are you most familiar with? I would tend to tell you to go with that. Photoshop has a steep learning curve if you have never used it but once you get going with it there will be no stopping you. Carla

#4 mandys

• 181 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 03:44 PM

I am making mine in Word 2007. It actually has quite a lot of options and features. A lot more than the older word versions. 

Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana
          April 2012

#5 jaspbri0317

• 79 posts
          • Wedding Date:October 13, 2018
          • Wedding Location:Curacao

Posted 14 March 2011 - 06:19 PM

I used publisher for the boarding pass STDs and this time for the passport invites I used Word. Both worked great for me! I tried to use PPT when I was starting the passports and could not figure out how people used that program! Word was definitely the better program for me!

#6 STAC8228

• 155 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 09:56 AM

I started off using word, but couldnt figure out how to format the pictures & wording, ive read alot the pp was easier so i trued using that last nigth, too me a good minute, but once i got the hang of it, i love how their turnin out!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users