Sign in to follow this  
monkey

Boarding passes - word, ppt or photoshop?

Does the quality or ease of use matter which program you use? I am familiar with all of them but thought before I got working on my invites I would ask which program is the most user friendly and allows you to do the most. There are some amazing designs on here - the bar is set quite high! Also, for those who took them to a professional printer, does the printer care what program they are in?

TIA!

I think it depends how elaborate you want them to be... In photoshop you can put a white stroke around the images or text so it makes it stand out if there is a background. I made mine in PPT... It was my fist DIY project and it was pretty simple and direct. There obviously werent many design choices, but it worked. I then saved it as a PDF and used that to print from. For my invites, I am using Illustrator.

I used word so that if I take them somewhere to be printed that is a universal program. http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t31653

I used photoshop to design the lettering, saved it as a jpg and then moved it over the boarding pass.

What program are you most familiar with? I would tend to tell you to go with that. Photoshop has a steep learning curve if you have never used it but once you get going with it there will be no stopping you. wink.gif Carla

I used publisher for the boarding pass STDs and this time for the passport invites I used Word. Both worked great for me! I tried to use PPT when I was starting the passports and could not figure out how people used that program! Word was definitely the better program for me!

I started off using word, but couldnt figure out how to format the pictures & wording, ive read alot the pp was easier so i trued using that last nigth, too me a good minute, but once i got the hang of it, i love how their turnin out!!