Photo

Help! Postponement Announcement?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 samanthag

samanthag
  • 896 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 01:46 PM

We decided to postpone our wedding. Originally we were getting married April 2009 but after unfortunate circumstance -FFIL passed away a couple of months ago- we decided to postpone until April 2010.
    Question: What is the proper etiquette on the announcement?
    (I'm trying not to spend too much money)
    Most immediate family already know about the postponement but I know I need to get the ball rolling on this...

Thanks in advance!

#2 DallasAshli

DallasAshli
    • 451 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 04:44 PM

I dont know "proper etiquette" on this but, I have a friend who recently postponed her wedding. She sent a postcard style (like a STD) that had 2 sentences saying that due to x,y & z, the wedding date has been moved. I dont think you need to put why (her reasons were all positive things so she included them).

I liked how she said the date was "moved" rather than "postponed". It sounded better to me. In your case, I would make it a combo date moved & std since you know it will be in April 2010. If you know the actual date, include it but April 2010 is fine too.

My friend used Vistaprint and only spent $30! You can definitely do something nice and inexpensive.

#3 samanthag

samanthag
      • 896 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 08:41 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by DallasAshli
        I dont know "proper etiquette" on this but, I have a friend who recently postponed her wedding. She sent a postcard style (like a STD) that had 2 sentences saying that due to x,y & z, the wedding date has been moved. I dont think you need to put why (her reasons were all positive things so she included them).

I liked how she said the date was "moved" rather than "postponed". It sounded better to me. In your case, I would make it a combo date moved & std since you know it will be in April 2010. If you know the actual date, include it but April 2010 is fine too.

My friend used Vistaprint and only spent $30! You can definitely do something nice and inexpensive.
        Thanks for your help!
        I'm definitely going to look @ Vistaprint. The thought of spending more money on STD is crazy to me but $30 is not bad at all!
        This will be #1 on my list tomorrow morning...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users