Wine recommendations please

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 boscobel

boscobel
  • VIP Member
  • 24,213 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 06:33 PM

I can't do that date, it's the date that I said Matt's fam was celebrating my birthday. :-P

Saturdays are all booked up for me until 12/20 (except 11/29, the day of Alisha's thing), but Fridays I have 11/28 or 12/12. Otherwise, we can DEF plan something for after the holidays.

#22 foxytv

foxytv
    • VIP Member
    • 7,740 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 06:34 PM

lol - I'm home finishing up my work day and all this wine talk has convinced me to pop open a bottle of wine.

hhmmm ... bubbly, white, or red this afternoon so many choices....

#23 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
      • VIP Member
      • 4,791 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 06:35 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Jacqueline
        I have a great idea... haha we will have a "On Line Drinking Wine" party... and get shit faced and just talk on BDW (wait dont sum of us do that NOW!?) hahaah
        no im kidding but i wish we all could meet easily.

Hey, I'm down!!! LOL

Seriously - name the date and I'll grab my bottle of wine

Oooh do any of y'all have Skype? You can actually see and hear each other! It's only $2.95/mo. for unlimited calls to U.S. & Canada.

Let's do it! Online wine party! Now Martin can officially think I'm bonkers

~ Jaime & Martin ~
        "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#24 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
        • VIP Member
        • 4,791 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 06:37 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by foxytv
          lol - I'm home finishing up my work day and all this wine talk has convinced me to pop open a bottle of wine.

hhmmm ... bubbly, white, or red this afternoon so many choices....
          Ok, I was already thinking this... you've convinced me!

Starborough Marlborough here I come....!

P.S. Bubbly sounds YUMMY! We have some Veuve Cliquot in the wine fridge but I think Martin would kill me if I opened that without him ;P Sigel's (a liquor store here) is having a big sale on champagne starting today though! Gotta go pick some up!! Tami - recommendations on that? We tried a new one - Piper Sonoma and really liked it. Totally decent price too! But they have that Roederer (I'm probably butchering the name but dykwim?) for $15 off! I think I've heard good things about it from you... I always think of you when I'm out buying wine, lol

~ Jaime & Martin ~
          "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#25 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
          • VIP Member
          • 4,791 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 06:41 PM

Ok - I just filled my glass

Here's the deets: Starborough Marlborough, Sauvignon Blanc, New Zealand, 2007

Salud!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
            "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

#26 boscobel

boscobel
            • VIP Member
            • 24,213 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 06:46 PM

I am printing this and will be stopping for my own bottle tonight after work!

#27 foxytv

foxytv
              • VIP Member
              • 7,740 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 06:53 PM

The Piper Sonoma is pretty good. ;-) I am a sucker for Piper Heidsick (Sonoma's big brother) but it's $18 for a friggin' SPLIT at the wine bar I go to ... so I only splurge occasionally. It's not one that I sell, so I can't buy that one at cost.

If you can find Toso Brut - it's from Argentina and is AMAZING - and a steal of a deal.

Veuve de Vernay is pretty good too, as is Rotari Brut - for inexpensive bubblies.

#28 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
                • VIP Member
                • 4,791 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 06:53 PM

Car... Awesome - let us know what you pick up! :)

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                  "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

#29 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
                  • VIP Member
                  • 4,791 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 06:55 PM

Quote:
                    The Piper Sonoma is pretty good. ;-) I am a sucker for Piper Heidsick (Sonoma's big brother) but it's $18 for a friggin' SPLIT at the wine bar I go to ... so I only splurge occasionally. It's not one that I sell, so I can't buy that one at cost.

If you can find Toso Brut - it's from Argentina and is AMAZING - and a steal of a deal.

Veuve de Vernay is pretty good too, as is Rotari Brut - for inexpensive bubblies.
                    I was asking the guy at Siegel's about the difference between Heidsick and Sonoma. He seemed to think that for the price Sonoma's a better buy. I wanna try the Heidsick tho!

Toso Brut... have not heard of that one yet! Hopefully I can remember this all... I think I need to get a Wine Notepad to write all of these down!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                    "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

#30 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
                    • VIP Member
                    • 4,791 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 06:56 PM

Quote:

I was asking the guy at Siegel's about the difference between Heidsick and Sonoma. He seemed to think that for the price Sonoma's a better buy. I wanna try the Heidsick tho!

Toso Brut... have not heard of that one yet! Hopefully I can remember this all... I think I need to get a Wine Notepad to write all of these down! We're getting a membership to Costco (well, I'm assuming... ) from Martin's 'rents for Xmas so wine and all that jazz should start to get REAL affordable! I want that membership for the wine prices alone!!!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                      "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users