Sandos Playacar Brides!
Posted 12 August 2009 - 09:08 PM
So I am thinking May it is! :-)
Posted 12 August 2009 - 09:12 PM
Is everyone using the minister the hotel provides? I found a lady Petra out of Cancun (found her on Cancun Photography website) that does unique cermonies and caters to how you want the ceremony to be.
I was concered about the ceremony being in Spanish with a translator (I know a little petty after all I chose Mexico for getting married). Plus we want to incorporate some of the Mayan wedding traditions into the ceremony and Petra offered to arrange this.
Paola at the Resort sent me a link on the Mayan ceremony but it seems a little more than what I want.
It seems that photographers are $150 extra to bring in outside. Then everyone else is the day pass cost which I think is about $80 pp.
Just curious what everyone was doing for ceremonys at Sandos.
Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:17 PM
Posted 14 August 2009 - 09:58 PM
Posted 24 August 2009 - 10:56 PM
I just recieved some new information from Paola, I thought you might be interested in. Some of it is already on this forum but some of it is not. Nonetheless....here ya go!
Manicure Spa Ritual $40 USD
Pedicure Spa Ritual $50 USD
Spa Manicure Wrap $45 USD
Spa Pedicure Wrap $55 USD
Below you will find a guide with all the questions that I have for the brides during our appointment. I believe that from here you can have some questions or some confirmations for me. Please read it and perhaps you will have some ideas extras that you haven’t thought about to make the wedding of your dreams.
1. We have three different types of Symbolic or Legal Wedding Packages, can you confirm if you would like the Sandos, Caribbean or Riviera? Enclosed please find our wedding packages.
2. The wedding will take place at the beach (not at the wedding hut) since you are having a lot of attendants. Can you please confirm the final number two weeks prior the wedding? also I will need their rooming list and their reservation type: Standard or Junior Suite please.
3. Will you have day passes? (people that is not one of our guests $77usd per person)
4. Do you have children in the group? If so, how many?
5. Are you bringing an IPOD or a CD for your ceremony songs? We will need one song for your entrance (it could be the bridal march), another song for the signature of the symbolic paper, another song for the exit, another song for the toast. (total of 4 songs for the ceremony)
6. Cake options are the fill in could be vanilla, chocolate or strawberries with cream, outside it could go white or hard white chocolate (cream color).
On top of the cake you can have strawberries or natural flowers (it could be two callas) or candy flowers (roses white, red or pink)
7. Can you help me to make your spa appointment once you are in the hotel you can go directly to the spa, as long as it is no more than 7pm.
8. About the flowers. Enclosed please find our catalogue and if you would like to send me a picture of yours I can ask the florist to do it specially for you. Tulips, Orchids and callas need to be ordered two weeks in advance please.
The extra flowers are paid in cash in our appointment.
This is the updated pricing list for flowers:
Boutonni¨res, since 15 USD each
Children boutonni¨re since 10USD
Bridal bouquet: since 50 USD
Bouquet for Bride's maid since 35 USD each
Corsage since 20 USD each
Flowers arrangements for the table since 45 USD
Archway since 220USD
Gazebo with tul = since 220USD **no flowers included.
Flowers for cake since 35USD
Bags of petals 15USD (big)
** Prices can change without notice**
9. Photos: Are you going to need our photographer? Depending on the package, you will get the photo pictures, for example the Sandos Package does not include any pictures, the Carribbean includes 10 and the Riviera includes 20.
Photography prices: 2009
10 photos = 150USD (no CD, no photo album)
20 photos = 270USD (no CD, no photo album)
** 30 photos = 470 USD
**60 pictures = 770 USD
** 90 pictures = 1100 USD
** 120 pictures = 1300 USD
**Note: prices include print pictures & pictures in a CD ROM & a Caribbean photo album.
IMPORTANT: PICTURES IN THE CD ARE THE SAME PRINTED PICTURES, NUMBER OF THESE PHOTOS DEPENDS ON THE PACKAGE THAT YOU CHOOSE.
Video= 30 min edited in DVD price is 650 USD
10. Set up: The color of the ribbons that I have are: red, turquoise blue (20 pieces), white (20 pieces), pink fiusha, orange, silver and gold. Will you have an arch? Again the arch is included only in the Caribbean or Riviera packages.
11. Restaurant reservation:
These are our Restaurant choices:
A la carte restaurants: Oriental, Gourmet (only adults) or Steak house.. open time at 6pm (Groups with more than 15people have a set menu (same food for everybody)
Italian buffet or International .. open time at 6:30pm (Reserved area for the whole group)
**microphone is not allowed.
** children are not allowed in Gourmet restaurant.
One important point is: no more than 20 attendants you can get a dinner reservation in one of our a la carte restaurants, more than 20 attendants, your dinner will be reserved in one of our specialty buffet restaurants.
Note: People that are not guests of the resort will need to pay a day pass $77 usd.
12. Can you confirm if you would like to have a private reception at the beach or the pool after the dinner? (it has an extra cost)
For private events these are the new prices for this 2009, i'll work with these prices at least until July 2010.
Private events are not included in your "All Inclusive" package, so they have additional charges because you will have a reserved area just for your whole group of guests. Available time is from 6.30 pm to 10:30pm. Place: beach or pool area far away from the beach.
Site fees= 500USD on the beach (minimum number 40 people)
Site fees by the pool= 400USD (minimum number 40 people)
Site fee royal elite palapa= 600USD (minimum number 40 people)
menu charge per person = since 39USD per person
open bar = since 18 per person
Music.. DJ= 50USD per hour
15% service and 10% taxes (of the total amount of the event)
Note: People that are not guests of the resort will need to pay a day pass $77 usd.
RIBBONS EACH ONE $5 USD (if we do not have the color that you would like)
TABLE CLOTHES PER TABLE $10 USD (if we do not have the color that you would like)
Our Disco is available for private events from 7pm to 11pm, since it opens its doors for the rest of our guests.
Additional cost is 280USD per hour plus 15% per service. It includes: drinks, microphone, DJ and screen for slide show.
**Children are allowed just in private events. (younger than 18 years old)
13. The payment of the Symbolic Minister needs to be in cash $350 in our first appointment.
Also if you have more than 30 people the upgrade for the toast and cake would be 6 usd for every extra person.
14. My last question is if you would like to reserve a special group of music.
The options for music are these, prices are per 45min:
Guitarist 320 USD
Violinist 320 USD
Steel drum players 450USD
Band of alive music international & salsa 450 USD
Posted 24 August 2009 - 11:02 PM
Posted 25 August 2009 - 04:11 PM
Posted 25 August 2009 - 06:23 PM
| Originally Posted by abbylm |
I am getting married there on March 2010. If anyone had any more info about how there wedding was and the resort. That would be awesome. I feel like I dont know too much about it.
Have you read this thread from start to finish, yet? There is a TON of information if you go through it all. There should also be a link to a review of a wedding from Sandos on there as well as another review that a bride posted who was married there a few months ago. At the home page with all of the forums, there is also a section where everyone posts their wedding reviews that you can look at.
Posted 03 September 2009 - 02:34 PM
Well I was planning on getting married at the Barcelo Maya, but now after reading trip advisor, seeing pictures and being on here....it looks as though Im going with Sandos Playacar. Im not getting married until Jan 2011, and am a bit of an organizer...haha completely obvious as I already know where Im going and its a year and a half away! Lol
Thanks for all your post and keep them coming as we all appreciate your input!!
Cheers and Congrat!
Posted 04 September 2009 - 12:22 PM
If you have any specific questions that you haven't gotten answered, let me know and I can see what I can do.
I will try to take some photos, as there are weddings 2 of the days we are there.
Hope everyone's planning is going good!
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users