Photo

Cost of legal documents, lab tests, etc?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RubyRed

RubyRed
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 01:54 AM

Hi everyone.
    I have done a ton of searching on this site and the internet and can't seem to find out what it costs to get the legal documents, judge, lab tests, translator for the ceremony, document filing, and all of that for a civil ceremony in Cabo. We don't want to get legally married in the US first (even though it would be easier). Does anyone know how much all of these things cost if you don't use a local wedding planner to help you? Thanks for your help!

#2 ErikDaGenErik

ErikDaGenErik
    • 315 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 06:54 AM

bumping this message so we could get answers. I am also looking into the same question.

i'm getting married in a catholic wedding in cancun but would need a civil ceremony either in US or mexico first. =/

#3 Mrs.Captain

Mrs.Captain
      • 156 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 03:34 PM

Hello,

From what I've been able to research so far, if you are getting married at an AI, the cost and documentation requirements will vary by resort. Sorry, I can't really help with anything else. Good luck!

Jennifer
        Jennifer & David
        January 22, 2009
        Grand Palladium, Riviera Maya, Mexico

http://i411.photobuc....100_4747-1.jpg

#4 mich999

mich999
        • 386 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 08:08 PM

Hi - if you get married at a hotel or AI, usually they will quote you a fee for the legal ceremony if you request one. I was quoted $600 for civil ceremony with judge and $150 for blood tests, so $750 total. I don't need a translator though - using a friend.

#5 RubyRed

RubyRed
          • 28 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 04:28 PM

Thanks for the information everyone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users