• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 MarieSam

MarieSam
  • VIP Member
  • 2,336 posts
    • LocationSouthern California

Posted 28 October 2008 - 08:12 PM

I think making your own DIY boarding passes is great, IF you have the time and patience, like all the other brides have said. IF you're like me, you will stress over getting it perfect ~ and honestly, because I'm so freaking anal, even to this day I look at my passes and think there are things I should have done differently. But I'm also borderline Bridezilla crazy, lol.
    Do u really save that much $ by dIY? how much r we talking bout?
    I think I saved tons of money ~ I received quotes for passes between $3.00 to $4.50 each. I ended up making about 100 3-page passes on my own, with a cover letter, metallic text paper and envelopes, and Vista print postcards and spent about $140 on mine (excluding postage) and many of the extra products and tools will be used for other DIY wedding projects. So I figure, at the minimum, I saved at least $160 with investments made toward other projects.

#12 aimee!

aimee!
    • 696 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 09:15 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by laybar
      Do u really save that much $ by dIY? how much r we talking bout?
      yep, but that is at the expense of your time.

i printed 110 3-pages passes [& each boarding pass was 1/3 of a page, so 1 8.5x11 sheet per STD] at office max for about $60. this was single sided, in color, and on plain white paper that was heavier than copy paper, but not cardstock.

paid about $30 for 110 sheets of cardstock from a local scrap booking store (achiever's & i had a $5 off coupon)

bought some supplies at michaels: large palm tree punch, corner rounding punch, regular hole punch (mini-sized), a paper trimmer with cutting & scoring blades, adhesive roller thingy, and 2 colors of ribbon to tie the passes together.

i think all together it was about $140 + postage. they were under an ounce, so only $0.42 to mail the buggers.

i don't think you can beat that!
      Wedding & TTD Slideshow (by Sascha Gluck)

#13 reevesbride

reevesbride
      • 212 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 05:09 PM

Thanks for all your advice ladies. I just finished my sample boarding pass and I love it. So I am going to DIY my invites.

#14 reevesbride

reevesbride
        • 212 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 05:21 PM

Thanks for all your advice ladies. I just finished my sample boarding pass and I love it. So I am going to DIY my invites.

#15 MarieSam

MarieSam
          • VIP Member
          • 2,336 posts
            • LocationSouthern California

Posted 30 October 2008 - 05:34 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by reevesbride
            Awesome! Make sure you share your final product, we'd love to see em!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users