RSVP Etiquette

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 *~*Mel*~*

• 647 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 04:04 AM

I think that sounds fine. It doesn't sound rude at all.

I also wanted to go the website RSVP route but FH and my parents are against it because they think that a lot of people don't have computers, internet, etc. Besides grandparents and a great aunt everyone has access to a computer (really now, it's not like it's 1990 or something!). I told them we could just send RSVPs to the few people who aren't computer literate but they won't budge! Clicking a button just seems so much easier than remembering to mail something!

#12 mandalaybay3071

• 58 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 08:37 PM

I totally agree! All of our guests have access to email (in fact most on their phones). We invited 36 people and so far, 2 responses but it's early on. We aren't getting married until July 4th, although we did put that we requested their rsvp by feb. 1st. The great thing about the website is that you can send a "friendly" reminder to all your guest let's say 60 days before rsvp is due, then again 30 days before rsvp. I'm thinking about doing this just to keep the rsvp on their minds. After the "due" date is passed I will send out another email. I mean, the thing is, I am paying for our wedding myself and it's a huge financial under taking (fiance is helping a bit but majority is me) and I'm sorry but if you think about paying for a reception for 36 people and then all the oot bags, ceremony stuff, reception gifts/favors it's a lot to be responsible and I want PLENTY of notice so I know how many "things" to buy. I've decided it isn't rude on my part to ask for an rsvp so early. Ask for what you want! :)

#13 Angela139

• 455 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 05:49 PM

I don't think it's rude at all, and in fact, I think I'll copy you! :)

#14 Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,047 posts
        • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
        • LocationToronto

Posted 13 November 2008 - 05:54 PM

I like Maura's suggestions. I think its a nice and classy way to do it :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users