Jump to content

Photo

Playacar Palace 2009 & 2010 Brides - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
235 replies to this topic

#221 jasonandjessica

jasonandjessica
  • Newbie
  • 18 posts

    Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:31 PM

    I just read that you don't get your coordinator until 30 days prior :)



    #222 Tanya Marie

    Tanya Marie
    • Jr. Member
    • 334 posts

      Posted 17 February 2011 - 06:58 PM

      Ok Ladies, since so many of you are PMing me asking me the same questions about set up, decoration, and locations, I created an album in my shared site for all of your BDW girls...please feel free to look through all of the pics, but the basics are under the album f"for my BDW Girls" let me know if you have any questions:

       

      <3 Tanya

       

      Site Name: Piero & Tanya's Wedding Photos
      Site URL: http://pierotanyasweddingphotos.shutterfly.com/
      Site Password: mexico   
      Happily Married after an AMAZING wedding at the Playaca Palace in Playa del Carmen, MX!!!

      #223 kurlyks

      kurlyks
      • Jr. Member
      • 176 posts

        Posted 18 February 2011 - 07:05 AM

        jasonandjessica- I'm doing turquoise, white, and pink mainly. I'm really not doing much for decorations, I didn't want to worry about bringing a ton of stuff with me. What are you doing?

        Other than flowers I'm just mainly using what comes with the free package. I found a florist in town that will do $35 per bouquet which seems like a really good deal to me. We've got 22 people going so we're probably just doing the dinner at one of the restaurants instead of paying for the private function. We don't have enough room nights yet for the free one (we're at 50 room nights so far), so it's hard to really plan anything.


        May 7th, 2011 ~ Playacar Palace Resort

        #224 t_par_t

        t_par_t
        • Newbie
        • 17 posts

          Posted 10 April 2011 - 04:32 PM

          Hey all!

           

          Just wondering if any of you did (or are planning to do) a slide show at the playacar palace?  I know the playacar doesn't have any of this equipment, so who did you go through to pull it together?  I was planning on bring a projector with me, and we're doing our reception in the south solarium so I was hoping I could just project the images onto exterior wall of the building?  (Anyone who has been there, can you tell me if that would even work?)

           

          I'm curious to see how others solved this problem....please let me know!!

           

          Thanks!

           

          Tara



          #225 Tanya Marie

          Tanya Marie
          • Jr. Member
          • 334 posts

            Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:17 AM



            Originally Posted by t_par_t 

            Hey all!

             

            Just wondering if any of you did (or are planning to do) a slide show at the playacar palace?  I know the playacar doesn't have any of this equipment, so who did you go through to pull it together?  I was planning on bring a projector with me, and we're doing our reception in the south solarium so I was hoping I could just project the images onto exterior wall of the building?  (Anyone who has been there, can you tell me if that would even work?)

             

            I'm curious to see how others solved this problem....please let me know!!

             

            Thanks!

             

            Tara



            Hi Tara,

             

            I didnt do this but I dont think that it would work.  I have my reception in the south sol.  there are rooms facing the space so there are balconys...If you look off to my right shoulder that is the south solarium, you can see they are setting up some tables, but if you look at the building that this what is looks like all over so there really isnt solid building that I rememebr...

             

             

             

             

             

             

             

             

            Attached Files


            Happily Married after an AMAZING wedding at the Playaca Palace in Playa del Carmen, MX!!!

            #226 t_par_t

            t_par_t
            • Newbie
            • 17 posts

              Posted 18 April 2011 - 01:22 PM


              Thanks tanya!!  I appreciate all your help!
               

              Originally Posted by Tanya Marie View Post





              Hi Tara,

               

              I didnt do this but I dont think that it would work.  I have my reception in the south sol.  there are rooms facing the space so there are balconys...If you look off to my right shoulder that is the south solarium, you can see they are setting up some tables, but if you look at the building that this what is looks like all over so there really isnt solid building that I rememebr...

               

               

               

               

               

               

               

               



               

              Attached Files



              #227 t_par_t

              t_par_t
              • Newbie
              • 17 posts

                Posted 01 May 2011 - 04:10 PM

                Just wondering if anyone who's gotten married at playa car used the dress cleaning/steaming services prior to their wedding?  I am nervous about sending my dress to Cancun 3 days before my wedding, when they say it takes 2-3 days to ship, clean, and ship back.

                 

                Did anyone take their dress somewhere in the city of Playa del Carmen to be steamed?

                 

                Tara



                #228 Tanya Marie

                Tanya Marie
                • Jr. Member
                • 334 posts

                  Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:30 AM



                  Originally Posted by t_par_t 

                  Just wondering if anyone who's gotten married at playa car used the dress cleaning/steaming services prior to their wedding?  I am nervous about sending my dress to Cancun 3 days before my wedding, when they say it takes 2-3 days to ship, clean, and ship back.

                   

                  Did anyone take their dress somewhere in the city of Playa del Carmen to be steamed?

                   

                  Tara



                  I did, I sent my dress, husbands & sons suits.  My mom, dad and sister all used their services too, they are a well oiled machine, they probably do so many wedding gowns, I wouldnt worry about it.  The only thing was that when they picked everything up from my room it was all in garment bags, and when they returned it they just hung everything up on these special moveable things so my dress wouldn't hit the floor, but they never returned my garment bags.  So I simply called house keeping and the next day they were folded and packaged nicely in my room.

                   


                  Happily Married after an AMAZING wedding at the Playaca Palace in Playa del Carmen, MX!!!

                  #229 RaychelRae

                  RaychelRae
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 446 posts

                    Posted 04 May 2011 - 10:06 AM


                    So which service did you use to steam your dress, suits? The one offered through Playacar Palace or another one in town?

                    Originally Posted by Tanya Marie 





                    I did, I sent my dress, husbands & sons suits.  My mom, dad and sister all used their services too, they are a well oiled machine, they probably do so many wedding gowns, I wouldnt worry about it.  The only thing was that when they picked everything up from my room it was all in garment bags, and when they returned it they just hung everything up on these special moveable things so my dress wouldn't hit the floor, but they never returned my garment bags.  So I simply called house keeping and the next day they were folded and packaged nicely in my room.

                     



                     



                    #230 Tanya Marie

                    Tanya Marie
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 334 posts

                      Posted 07 May 2011 - 06:18 PM



                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by RaychelRae 


                      So which service did you use to steam your dress, suits? The one offered through Playacar Palace or another one in town?



                       



                       


                      Happily Married after an AMAZING wedding at the Playaca Palace in Playa del Carmen, MX!!!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users