Flute/Guitar Ceremony Music- HELP!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 twixygrl

• 293 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 02:38 PM

Well I am just driving myself crazy. I have read the many ceremony posts but many of them seem to be non-live music or not instrumental. I have hired a flute/guitar combo to play the music at our ceremony. The WC said they can play cannon D or bridal march and then just other "nice songs" the rest of the time. However, if I request something they will learn it. I have NO ear for music and I just have no ideas what types of songs would translate to a flute/guitar instrumental. Plus, I don't really know how many songs I need. We have no bridal party, but we have 5 flower girls and one ring bearer. Do they walk in to the same music as the bride? Maybe I just need one song for the bride and a recessional?? I would love a really fun recessional song that people would recognize, but just can't come up with anything!

If anyone can share what LIVE INSTRUMENTAL songs were used at their ceremony or what would work with a guitar & flute player they will be great. At this point I am thinking I should tell them to play whatever they want!

#2 BachataBride

• Banned
    • 9,310 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 03:56 PM

That's a great idea...it will be so beautiful!! I love the flute!!
      What about Alison Kraus's "When you say nothing at all". It has a beautiful melody. I think I am having my uncles sing while my FSIL's husband (would that make him my FBIL-IL??lol) plays guitar as I walk down the aisle.

#3 Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 5,752 posts
      • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 24 October 2008 - 04:07 PM

a nice instrumental for guitar is called "Cavatina" by stanley myers.

here's a youtube video of someone playing it. i used this song in my ceremony for the communion processional.

YouTube - Stanley Myers "Cavatina"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users