Sign in to follow this  
happygilmore

Californian BDW members who love animals....

Incase you haven't seen the ads you have a chance to really change the living situations for farm animals in your state that could lead to a country wide change of how farm animals are treat -- they'll be legally provided with rights for bare essentials like enough space to move around etc....

If you vote and you care about animals check out this website and get informed and vote yes on Prop 2 on Nov. 4th

Anyone else that knows someone in California educate them about this Prop and try to get them to vote yes!!!

Yes on Prop 2

I know I wished I lived in Cali right now so I could vote. I have donated some money to help them get their ads on TV and good news they were on Oprah a few weeks back and from their website it looks like the New York Times is on their side but if people don't know about i am afraid they won't care to vote yes!!!! Ugh...so frustrating...but hopefully Prop 2 prevails!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygilmore View Post
I know I wished I lived in Cali right now so I could vote. I have donated some money to help them get their ads on TV and good news they were on Oprah a few weeks back and from their website it looks like the New York Times is on their side but if people don't know about i am afraid they won't care to vote yes!!!! Ugh...so frustrating...but hopefully Prop 2 prevails!!!!
yeah i saw that oprah. i also saw an episode of This American Life about modern pig farming. It really upset me. I used to raise pigs & I was sad to see how it has changed. Not just for the pigs, but for the farmers. I hope prop 2 makes life better for both the animals & farmers. i'm willing to pay the extra penny an egg to have a nicer way of farming. I won't even eat veal. I was glad to see taht veal farmers are already making the move away from crates.

it isn't just people in california that can do something. we can use market pressure to make changes all over. I never buy veal. if they changed veal farming, i might. i buy cage free eggs & try to go to restaurants (like chipolte) that do the same.

i eat meat about 2 times a month as it is. after watching the show about pig farming I was too sickened to eat meat that month.

i do believe the farmers are doing the best they can to care for the animals. i feel its the pressure to drive down prices that leads to chickens squished into cages and pigs in pens so small they can't move.

i wouldn't repost. you could ask a mod to move it, but i don't know what is a better catagory. you wouldn't want to put it in the wrong place just because it gets more traffic. I never look in catagories. i only check my unread posts.

the weekends are not as active here.

IT PASSED WITH 60% OF THE VOTE!!!!smile03.gifthewave.gifthewave.gifthewave.gif:bunny _4:bunny_4.gifsmile72.gif

I am so HAPPY! This means 20 million farm animals in Cali in the next 6 years will have better living conditions and could lead to a change nation wide!