• 4,881 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
  • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
  • LocationNew York

Posted 22 October 2008 - 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrina
hey becks. check this out http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t23637
Thanks Katrina - I looked for that thread about 5 times yesterday and it never came up! I thought it had been deleted; I'm so glad it's still around!

Mods - can you merge these two?

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#12 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 18,759 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 10:00 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MarieSam
    Don't know if it comes in paperback, but it's an old book by Terry McMillan called "A Day and A Dollar Short" . The book was encyclopedia thick but I finished it in a couple days cause it was so good and had so many loops!
    i listened to this book on cd a few years ago. it was really good. having the actual book would have helped because there is the family tree. i found it hard to keep everyone straight.

i recently read something borrowed & something blue. very cute & easy reads.

#13 DRB

DRB
    • 647 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 10:09 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by yamille
      Hi Rebecca,

Try Sophie Kinsella's "confessions of a shopaholic". I read it years ago and there is a whole series actually. " shopaholic takes manhattan" etc. It's what i consider perfect beach reading. I think they are in the process of making a movie even.

enjoy!
      I completely agree! I have read the entire series and they are SO light and funny. I've had people shoot me weird looks on planes, the beach etc.. because I was laughing out loud reading them! I don't know when the movie is coming out, I heard about it awhile ago, but I hope it comes out soon, I'd love to see it!

#14 *Casey*

*Casey*
      • 5,209 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 10:10 AM

I know a bunch of girls have suggested the Travelers Wife before... I haven't read it yet, but have been meaning to.

#15 Mel&B

Mel&B
        • 613 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 03:19 PM

I would suggest anything by Jennifer Weiner. It's total chick lit, but "smart" if that makes any sense. I love her. Also, Sophie Kinsella also writes under another name, Madeline Wickham. They are one in the same and if you've read all of the Shop. books, try the novels written by Madeline Wickham. I just read one that was written years ago (pre-shop, I think) and it was hysterical.

Oh! I also recommend Emily Giffin. Her 1st book is called, "Something Borrowed" & the second is "Something Blue." They are both light and entertaining.

#16 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 9,504 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 03:34 PM

I'm a fan of Jane Green novels. They are light and fluffy British Chick-Lit, kinda steamy but not too sexy.

I'd like to start reading the Southern Vampire series that was the inspiration for Ture Blood on HBO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users