Photo

Dinner for photographer? Opinions please!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 Simistar

Simistar
  • 645 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 05:16 PM

Soooo, to update the few girls who had asked I post what I decided on doing....:-)

I e-mailed the photog's assistant (who has been my regular point of contact), and told her I hadn't arranged for meals, and exlplained the difficulty with numbers at our resort, but also said if they'd like to stay I would definitely work something out...

She e-mailed back to say that my photog NEVER eats at the weddings he shoots! She said he's too busy working...which I guess is good:-)
    I messaged her back to say they'd be done work by the time dinner started, so if they changed their minds to let me know...but I didn't hear back.

Sooo, I guess a big tip and no dinner is the final decision!:-)

Thanks to everyone for their input...all this etiquette stuff is stressing me out!

#12 lscilley

lscilley
    • 1,466 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 05:34 PM

Well they made that decision easy for you. At least you can say you asked.

#13 Nicole119

Nicole119
      • 34 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 05:55 PM

You are being really sweet to even think about offering dinner to your photographer! If your photographer is only working 3 hours and leaving before dinner, it is not rude at all. Most photographers here in Hawaii expect to be fed after 5 hours of photography!

#14 Nic Dragomire

Nic Dragomire
        • 530 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 06:37 PM

Good question.... for me, if I was done before dinner starts I would just want to go home.

but just to make sure, I would just ask your photog if he is cool with you not serving him dinner.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users