Photo

Raffia Fans Ribbon

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 kerryjbrown

kerryjbrown
  • 672 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 01:18 AM

I did mine exactly like Becks. I used 1inch ribbon and started at the top pushing the ribbon through the hole on the left and then doing 1 turn around and back up through the hole on the right. I then brought it around the middle and down around the handle. I finished it back through one of the holes on top and tucked them in with a glue dot under the middle ribbon. Here are my pics (I eliminated the white, these were my first 4 wrapped ones testing colors).

Click the image to open in full size.

#12 Blkatz

Blkatz
    • 1,025 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 10:31 AM

thanks! I finally figured it out. my problem was I wasn't threading the ribbon through the fan. The back of the fan doesnt look that great but the front looks good. FH came home and said "those are beautiful"

#13 kevsgirl

kevsgirl
      • 1,209 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 10:08 PM

Wow. I feel like such a dork. I took a look at my fans and realized that there are two little holes where the people that made the fans did the same thing for the handle... so you are really just following that. I didn't think to trhead the ribbon through those holes so I just did two wraps around the top of the loop and that's it. It looks a little unfinished now I'm going to try to do it this way.
        Thanks for the instructions!

#14 Blkatz

Blkatz
        • 1,025 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 08:53 AM

yup-I threaded the ribbon through the holes-I also made some of my own. The back of the fan doesn't look so good but the front looks great and that is all I care about!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users