how do you do a registry for a DW?

Hi –

What is the proper etiquette of giving out registry information for a DW? Iâ€m planning to include the registry info. in the invitations being sent a month prior to the wedding as well as list it on our website, but I wanted to know if anyone had additional information/ideas of how to do this more so for guest that are unable to attend the wedding. And most importantly how do I communicate to wedding guests to NOT bring gifts with them to the actual wedding but instead ship it to us at home (how do I word this on the invitation)?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

i think it's generally seen as poor etiquette to include registry information in your wedding invitations. registry information normally is included in bridal shower invitations only.

of course, everything with destination weddings is a little different. LOL

i personally did not include it in my invites, but i do have registry info posted on our wedding website.

oh i wanted to add that people bringing gifts to your destination will most likely not be a problem, with the recent added charges on luggage! as for mailing, i think most people would think it unwise to mail something to a destination you will only be at for maybe a week.

I agree with PP. I think including your registry info on your wedding website is generally an accepted way of doing it. (Of course, word-of-mouth is always the best way!) I would hope that guests would have enough sense NOT to bring gifts, but just in case, I'll be adding this onto my website as well. The stores you register at should have the appropriate mailing address on your lists for your guests to use. Hopefully, those who won't be attending will pay attention to this. Hope this helps.

In my neck of the woods it is generally considered poor etiquette to include the registry info in your invites, since you aren't supposed to look like you're asking for gifts. But if it is common around your area, this would definitely get the word out.

I have definitely seen registry info on DW websites and in shower invites (since they are sent by someone other than the bride).

I agree with what everyone has said - don't worry about ppl bringing gifts to the DW - my WC said in all the weddings she's done, no one brings gifts. You might get some cards, but if people are planning on getting you a gift they will send it to you at home.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Best Destination Wedding Sponsors

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
    • Hi everyone! I have been doing lots of research on various wedding venues all around Mexico, my fiance wants a destination wedding and I am happy to have a wedding wherever so long as the vibe is right and guests are happy!  I have been seriously looking at Cabo Azul and was trying to find potential costs for them, but only found a page about their wedding costs from 2010. Does anyone have any updated information on costs / reviews they would like to share of this venue? Or advice in general, anything helps. Thanks so much, happy wedding planning to all!
    • Hello everyone, I am dreaming of a wedding in Costa Rica and was wondering if I could get any help with venues and wedding planners. I am thinking Tamarindo because a close friend of mine lives there and I've been in town more than a couple of times, she's being helpful but is at a loss when it comes to this subject really so I was wondering if anyone here had recommendations. I am not closed to other town suggestions either, if I happen to find a good place and staff somewhere else. These are the places I have so far, has anyone had any experience with any of them?  Stay In Tamarindo Luxury Villas in Costa Rica Luxury Villas Pinilla Tropical Homes of Costa Rica The Point Luxury Villa Thank you so much for your help!
    • Have you ever considered having a wedding inside a bubble? With the current global situation, many couples are looking for unique and creative ways to celebrate their special day while keeping their guests safe. A wedding inside a bubble could provide a whimsical and intimate setting for your ceremony and reception. Imagine saying your vows surrounded by a beautiful bubble filled with twinkling lights and flowers, creating a magical atmosphere for you and your loved ones to enjoy.
    • Adult only resort or not? Let's discuss the pros and cons of choosing an adult-only resort for your honeymoon. While some couples may appreciate the peace and quiet that comes with an adults-only environment, others may prefer a more family-friendly atmosphere. What are your thoughts on this? Have you had any experiences at adult-only resorts that you'd like to share? Let's hear your opinions and recommendations!
    • When it comes to planning a wedding, one of the most exciting parts is choosing the perfect wedding favours for your guests. These small tokens of appreciation are a great way to thank your loved ones for being a part of your special day and to make them feel appreciated.
  • Topics