Photo

Why Me? What is wrong with the photo world?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#11 DWandMJ

DWandMJ
  • 274 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 02:07 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sanddune
    I want a photographer like this! I love her style but her prices are outrageous! Can anyone help me find a photographer who gets it like this girl? Is it too much to ask for a photographer who isn't going to break the bank or make me pull my hair out! I just needed to vent!

Someone please help me, I am so bummed right now!
    I'm in the same boat as you, except my FI will only budge so far.... and anything more than a $1,000 is out of the question. As important as photography is to me, we have to look at the big picture. $2000 extra toward a photographer means $2,000 further away from a down payment on a house.
    We're planning on using the resort photog because we simply cant afford the rates plus accommodations of a professional. Fortunately, the Moon Palace's photog looks like he's decent enough, and maybe with some guidance of specific shots wanted, we'll end up with a lovely album to show the grand kids.

I wish you the best of luck! Keep your chin up!

#12 tonyschreiber

tonyschreiber
    • 32 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 01:55 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Evan Baines View Post
      Good photography costs money. $30,000 in camera and computer equipment, education, spending 50+ hours working on a single "8 hour" wedding between editing, client meetings, etc...

Add on insurance, taxes, pay for assistants...

The best deal I know in South FL. is Tony Schreiber... a total steal at his current prices.
      Thanks Evan. That's mighty nice of you. I have new pricing ready for 2009 (though I booked a fair number of 2009 dates at existing prices).

You can always spend less, someone out there will work for nothing or next to it - and might find someone really good just starting out - but that's definitely the exception.
      Tony Schreiber, Photographer [ Blog | Website ]
      Serving South Florida and Destinations Worldwide
      http://technocraft.s....14_VKKpE-S.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users