Jump to content


TA Etiquette - How long should I wait?

  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 adias.angel

  • Member
  • 719 posts

    Posted 22 September 2008 - 01:23 PM

    Hi All,
    Our wedding is set for December 2010. We enlisted a TA about 6 weeks ago and he was amazing when we first started but lately has not been very good. He emailed us 3 weeks ago and let us know he had been in the hospital for emergency surgery. Said he was recouping and as soon as he got back he would send us the info. Still have not heard from him, not even an update.

    How long should I wait to email him again? I don't want to feel like I am a bridezilla. The plan was to do a site visit this fall. We are waiting for him to get back to us with the resort research he did so we can start creating our site visit list. Am I being too impatient? Thanks ladies, Carla

    #2 Banana11

    • VIP Member
    • 8,841 posts

      Posted 22 September 2008 - 01:51 PM

      I've had the same problem with my TA. When she's on, she does great. But there is for sure a lack of communication. I would address it again and if it's still a problem find someone who may be more available to you. I thought I could deal with her slow response time but it has started to affect our guests. Keep that in mind if your guests will be contacting your TA.

      #3 BachataBride

      • Banned
      • 9,310 posts

        Posted 22 September 2008 - 02:05 PM

        Hey Carla,
        I too had the same problem with my TA, only I have 4 months left and we are already booked with her!! I have to say that normally she is really good...but for a while she was slacking - it took her 3 weeks to get back to me on a few q's I had. After 3 weeks of waiting I had to email her & tell her I was not happy with the customer service I was receiving. Just call him out on it - tell him that if he expects your business he's going to have to bring his 'a' game. There are lots of TAs out there for you to choose from. But if he is recovering from surgery then you should give him the benefit of the doubt this time. Just get your info for your site visit - and make sure he is reliable before booking your wedding with him. Send him a bunch of questions & see how quickly he responds. Remember, before you actually book you can always change!

        Good Luck!

        #4 KLC77

        • Sr. Member
        • 2,207 posts

          Posted 22 September 2008 - 02:10 PM

          If he had emergency surgery I would definitely give him the benefit of the doubt here. Its not like he just totally disappeared on you without reason. I would probably email him to ask how he's feeling and then also ask if he, by chance, had the info you were waiting for because you are so excited to plan your site visits. Hopefully, he is ok and also has the info for you so you can plan your trip!

          Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

          0 user(s) are reading this topic

          0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users