Photo

Least Expensive area in Mexico for a DW?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jess

Jess
  • 4,455 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 06:09 PM

Does anyone know where the least expensive area of Mexico for a destination wedding would be? (Cabo, Riviera Maya/Cancun, Puerto Vallarta, etc.). Basically, where do you get the most for your money?

Thanks in advance!

#2 Bianca

Bianca
    • 1,057 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 06:14 PM

I think in any area there will be the less expensive resorts and then there will be more luxurious resorts... The chains (Dreams, RIU, etc) often offer the same packages at all the resorts. I think you should looking into the cost of airfare. I am flying into Cancun for half of what it would cost to fly into Cabo. Just something to think about...
      19 adults/3 children with flights booked! 10 rooms booked!
      http://dw.daisypath.com/BM2Hm4/.png

http://dpabride.blogspot.com/

#3 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 18,759 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 06:21 PM

the flight is going to play a larger factor on cost. are most of your guests coming from california? then cabo or PV might be cheaper. for NC & TX (where my guests flew from) cancun/ RM was a much cheaper flight.

I've heard cancun/ RM is less expensive than cabo once you are there.

#4 Jess

Jess
        • 4,455 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 06:35 PM

Yes most of our guests would be coming from Southern and Northern California - thanks!

#5 Jess

Jess
          • 4,455 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 06:42 PM

also - as far as expenses go for the cost of the actual reception in the different areas - do you think it is pretty similar across the board?

#6 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 5,752 posts
            • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 16 September 2008 - 06:43 PM

just FYI, even from CA, the airfare to cabo is not always cheaper... my aunt paid about $700 for her ticket from LAX to cabo for my wedding last month. if she would've booked her ticket even 3-4 months in advance she would've only paid about $350-400, but she waited too long and the fares kept going up and up because of the cost of gasoline.

#7 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 8,921 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 07:40 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Bessca
              Does anyone know where the least expensive area of Mexico for a destination wedding would be? (Cabo, Riviera Maya/Cancun, Puerto Vallarta, etc.). Basically, where do you get the most for your money?

Thanks in advance!
              We are getting married in Puerto Vallarta... My sister booked her flight from LAX for just under $400. We are getting married in January. The time of year makes a difference too.

Maybe go to farecast, kyak and some of the other travel .coms and look for package deals... see what you come up with that way!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users