BM gift / GM gifts

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 LisaG

LisaG
  • VIP Member
  • 7,839 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 02:22 PM

I agree you have to pick your battles and this is not one that I want. We'll get the shirts....he is wanting to get my dad and bro one too which is nice...and I'll drop the pedi's for now.

#22 LisaG

LisaG
    • VIP Member
    • 7,839 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 09:40 AM

Just thought I'd share some good news. My FI talked to one of his GM yesterday and was telling him about our little dilima.

His friend said we should not buy everyones shirts - that everyone should be able to come up with $30 - $60 to pay for their own shirt....that's not asking too much! Whew! So we're NOT paying for shirts.

Also, he suggested that me and my BM's get our pedi's at a salon here before we leave for cheaper and he thought it would be ok if we paid. He was just freakin out thinking about the $40 the spa at the hotel charges...

So, it was a great night and we are agreeing to agree going forward.

#23 TammyB

TammyB
      • 10,630 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 09:48 AM

That's great. Guys tend to freak out about expenses so he just needed to look at it in a different light. I'm glad it worked out.

#24 Christine

Christine
        • VIP Member
        • 21,514 posts
        • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
        • Wedding Location:Napa, California
        • LocationReno, NV

Posted 16 March 2007 - 10:24 AM

I think that is a great compromise...you two should have a successful marriage if you can work out these sorts of things.
        Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users