Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
LisaG

BM gift / GM gifts

Recommended Posts

o.k., girls - question!! Sorry if I ramble!!

 

My FI and I have set a $50 limited per BM & GM in our party. We have 11, so it's going to be $550....wow it adds up fast.

 

WELL, my FI also wants to pay for all of the guys shirts in our wedding party, including my brother and the dads. WELL that's going to be between $500 - $600 - I'm estimating $50-$60 per shirt for 10 guys.

 

o.k., well I wanted to treat my girls to pedicures for the wedding as an extra gift - $240

 

He thinks that the $40 a piece for pedicures should be part of the $50 we are spending on each person.....but HE wants to buy all the guys shirts and I think that should be their gift (If we're paying).....we are soooooo buting heads on this issue!!!! rant.gif AAaaaarrrgghhhhh!!!! I'm not paying for any of my BM wedding attire. Why the heck should I have to pay for the guys??!?!

 

Please HELP!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I totally, without question, agree with you. If he wants to pay for the GM's shirts AND get them a 50.00 gift then I think it's only fair you pay for the pedicures and it not be included in the gift. What is his reasoning behind it? Is all his friends poor and your girls are well off? That would be the ONLY reason I would see where he is coming from..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you can find shirts for cheaper personally and I totally think if you pay for the guys shirts, a pedi should be an automatic.

 

I am doing necklaces and earrings and I will be spending way more than my FI on my bridesmaids (I have 6 he has 4) but also because my BM's mean the world to me and have done a lot for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our friends wedding we went to in Mexico - last July....they paid for all of the guys shirts and he seems to think that he wants to also. He thinks we are being cheap by not buying their shirts, and that they are "expecting us too" because all the same guys are in our wedding.

 

He's definitely NOT budging on this!!!

 

He keeps saying, you know all of your girls are going to get pedicures anyways....because that how y'all are....they're already expecting to have to pay for them...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Then tell him if your paying for the GM's shirts then you'll pay for the BM's dresses.. Fair is fair.... Hopefully he will see the logic behind this and agree to pay for the pedicures

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or I just pay for the pedi's and not tell him! That's the direction I'm leaning towards at this point because he is being ridiculous!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yes because we all know dresses are much more expensive than shirts.

My BM's are paying for their dresses and the GM"s are paying for their tuxes.

 

At the wedding you just went to, did they give the shirts as their gift or that plus. You might want to ask the bride what she also got her BM's because I bet they spent about the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine View Post
I think you can find shirts for cheaper personally and I totally think if you pay for the guys shirts, a pedi should be an automatic.

I am doing necklaces and earrings and I will be spending way more than my FI on my bridesmaids (I have 6 he has 4) but also because my BM's mean the world to me and have done a lot for me.
I thought I could get shirts cheaper, but for some reason I'm having issues finding anything that he likes. Do you know of a site that has cheap mexican style shirts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by lryates76 View Post
Or I just pay for the pedi's and not tell him! That's the direction I'm leaning towards at this point because he is being ridiculous!
what they don't know won't kill them right bunny_4.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine View Post
yes because we all know dresses are much more expensive than shirts.
My BM's are paying for their dresses and the GM"s are paying for their tuxes.

At the wedding you just went to, did they give the shirts as their gift or that plus. You might want to ask the bride what she also got her BM's because I bet they spent about the same.
They gave the guys their shirts and all got a nice grill set from Sharper Image. I'll ask her what she did for her girls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×