Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
_Tygrlily_

Weddings during hurricane season?!?

Recommended Posts

HI everyone! I was just curious about people's wedding experiences during hurricane season (June-October, can extend to November)huh.gif I've been planning to have my wedding in Sept. in the Cancun area, haven't decided on where exactly, and I'm concerned about the weather. Has anyone had to wait it out, or completely change their date over this? Keeping my date is important, but not to a point that my wedding would be ruined. bride.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks for the links, sorry if they were easy to find... i'm still new to this so i haven't quite figured everything out. but i have been searching through the posts to find out more into!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Tygrlily_ View Post
thanks for the links, sorry if they were easy to find... i'm still new to this so i haven't quite figured everything out. but i have been searching through the posts to find out more into!
there wasnt too much... its just a coincidence that there were two on September.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I live in South Florida, and travel extensively for my clients' weddings in tropical areas, especially Mexico, The Bahamas, and The Caribbean. Hurricanes are extremely unpredictable, and obviously, they form at the last minute, and there is no way of predicting in advance what your chances are of getting hit.

 

I have rarely been impacted, however, one of my brides did have to completely cancel her destination wedding, and make alternate arrangements at the last minute in her home town.

 

If I were making my own plans, or plans for my daughter, however, I would not consider planning a tropical DW in the Atlantic, during hurricane season. The stress can be unbearable, even when things go great, if there are storms brewing out in the tropics, just as there were last weekend (Hannah, Ike, and Josephine), then you are adding unnecessary stress to an already stressful time.

 

You probably stand a 90% chance of being just fine, you just have to decide if it's worth the 10% chance of being inconvenienced, or worse - cancelled - or even worse - stuck on an island in the middle of an evacuation. YUCK.

 

Best of luck with planning - I just wanted to add my few cents worth..

Debbi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hello all!! I'm planning to get married next week. I'm working in an MNC and I'm gonna marry my colleague who is in my company. It's been ten months since we have started our relationship. He used to support in all my difficulties and used to help me in my work. Always he used to tell me about my smile. He says that I have a very good smile and he loves it. Recently I lost my front tooth after an accident and it resulted in a bad look for me. He told me that I lost my beautiful smile. I was totally disappointed and thought of finding a solution. I heard about dental dentures and took an appointment at a clinic in Scarborough. Will dentures affect my speech? What was your experience of getting dentures? 
    • Go for the third one. It is gorgeous and you will look stunning in that. I'm sure you will be noticed by other people. Go for it.
    • I would suggest the long one. You will look stunning in that. It is simple and elegant.
    • Both the gown are awesome and I'm sure you will look gorgeous in both. But I would suggest the first one. Go for it and Congratulations for your marriage.
    • Hello everyone,  I am still engaged, still not planning the big day, because we haven't chosen a date + we have some family stiff to do so I hope that this forum will help me a lot before the real craziness during the wedding planning period. Happy to be here
  • Topics

×