Sign in to follow this  
Banana11

Stateroom Attendant Gift?

Hello fellow cruise brides!

Are any of you planning to bring your stateroom attendant a gift? I've heard that some do this as a thank you in advance for taking care of you and your cabin all week. If so, what are you planning to bring?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug3636 View Post
Hello fellow cruise brides!

Are any of you planning to bring your stateroom attendant a gift? I've heard that some do this as a thank you in advance for taking care of you and your cabin all week. If so, what are you planning to bring?

Thanks!
To be blunt, they would rather have cash with a thank you card. Small rooms make it hard to keep a lot of things.

I always give them a nice cash gift anytime I cruise. This past year, we gave him $20 on day 1 to make sure we had ice in our rooms at all time, since the FI and I smuggled alcohol onboard. Then at the end of the cruise, we gave him the regular gratuity which I can't remember and an additional $30 or so? It's been a while so I can't really remember! I just know he got a really nice tip from us!! lol

We will do the usual gratuity at the end. I'm referring to bringing something additional as a thank you instead of cash. I've heard it's nice to bring something local from home.