• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Banana11

Banana11
  • VIP Member
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 04:10 PM

Hello fellow cruise brides!

Are any of you planning to bring your stateroom attendant a gift? I've heard that some do this as a thank you in advance for taking care of you and your cabin all week. If so, what are you planning to bring?

Thanks!

#2 adias.angel

adias.angel
    • 719 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 09:02 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Pug3636
      Hello fellow cruise brides!

Are any of you planning to bring your stateroom attendant a gift? I've heard that some do this as a thank you in advance for taking care of you and your cabin all week. If so, what are you planning to bring?

Thanks!
      To be blunt, they would rather have cash with a thank you card. Small rooms make it hard to keep a lot of things.

#3 Cattie

Cattie
      • 594 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 07:38 PM

I always give them a nice cash gift anytime I cruise. This past year, we gave him $20 on day 1 to make sure we had ice in our rooms at all time, since the FI and I smuggled alcohol onboard. Then at the end of the cruise, we gave him the regular gratuity which I can't remember and an additional $30 or so? It's been a while so I can't really remember! I just know he got a really nice tip from us!! lol

#4 Banana11

Banana11
        • VIP Member
        • 8,841 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 12:33 AM

We will do the usual gratuity at the end. I'm referring to bringing something additional as a thank you instead of cash. I've heard it's nice to bring something local from home.

#5 sofylina

sofylina
          • 113 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 08:21 PM

I usually will bring a small package of maple candies :)
            It's local and people love that it's the real deal. Do you have anything "native" to where you live?
            50 guests joined us for our cruise wedding in Grand Cayman! Simply perfect!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users