Sign in to follow this  
Erica053009

September 11th

I just wanted to acknowledge 9/11 today and for everyone to remember this day and how it changed our lives forever. Strangers helped strangers and regular people became heros. It was a day of shock and we never thought we could get through it. It was a day that made me proud to be an American and a New Yorker. I saw things that day I will never forget, as I am sure you all have too. I lost many people on that day and now I and proud to say I am going to spend the rest of my life married to a member; a brother of the FDNY. I am not a religious person so no matter what you are please just take one moment today and remember the pain, the tragedy, the sorrow and those who were lost that day but also remember the strength, the pride and the will of survival for those who remain. And no matter what your politics are or your personal feelings of the war remember there are real people fighting it and real families waiting for them to come home. One last thing use today as a reminder that we can not sweat the small stuff and be thankful for all we have and how lucky we are to have met our future/present husbands tell them you love them an extra time today and I am also thankful for "meeting" all of you.

ya know..I still lived in Philly when 9/11 happened and I can imagine that everyone back east is still really remembering this day...but now I'm in Phx. and this morning during our pledge AND the national anthem not a thing was said and I was really upset about it!

I think that is one reason I wrote this post. I went to work in NYC today and I didn't feel anyone remembered. This day should never be forgotten, and not to carry on the pain and anger but to remember those who were lost mothers, fathers, sisters, children, etc...not only in NYC but for everyone that was effected in the US that day

Did you guys know 9/11 is now called Patriot Day? Maybe I'm out of the loop but I just noticed it on the calendar today.