Jump to content

Photo

Any Occidental Grand Xcaret brides out there?


  • Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

#81 SDSteph

SDSteph
  • Member
  • 812 posts

    Posted 30 July 2009 - 11:17 AM

    Teshy I just got this reply from Marialma the WC, regarding the legal vs religiuos ceromony. Since we are going to do it legally here in the states before we head out there this is what she said. I also inquired about my friend doing the ceromony.

    "If you are not doing the legal wedding here them I recommend you to go with the “Let’s stay together” wedding package as this one is cheaper and it doesn’t include the legal things which makes the other two packages expensive. You can have your guest perform the ceremony."

    The man-made beach is pretty small but there are lots of chairs around it to lay out in. Not sure how full it gets or if it is hard to get a chair.

    And I don't know about the rooms
    Steph and Kel Mayan Riveria - February 2011http://www.stephnkelwedding.com

    #82 SDSteph

    SDSteph
    • Member
    • 812 posts

      Posted 30 July 2009 - 11:22 AM

      I just recieved the menus from Marialma

      Here they are, if you need them and can't open atachemnts yet just PM and I will post them on the forum. Cheers


      Attachment 3955

      Attachment 3956

      Attachment 3957

      Attachment 3958

       

       

       

       

       

       

      Attached Files


      Steph and Kel Mayan Riveria - February 2011http://www.stephnkelwedding.com

      #83 teshy1

      teshy1
      • Jr. Member
      • 162 posts

        Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:36 PM

        Thanks so much for your help, sspiris!
        I suppose that makes sense about the paperwork/legal costs, but once I add in extras to customize our wedding, I'm not sure how much cheaper it will actually be.

        The OGX looks like a very nice resort. We're still trying to make a decision.
        We of course had to pick the time of year that is "reading week" for students here in Canada, so that means higher prices and more demand for rooms!

        #84 sarah310

        sarah310
        • Jr. Member
        • 172 posts

          Posted 02 August 2009 - 05:09 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by sspiris
          Teshy I just got this reply from Marialma the WC, regarding the legal vs religiuos ceromony. Since we are going to do it legally here in the states before we head out there this is what she said. I also inquired about my friend doing the ceromony.

          "If you are not doing the legal wedding here them I recommend you to go with the “Let’s stay together” wedding package as this one is cheaper and it doesn’t include the legal things which makes the other two packages expensive. You can have your guest perform the ceremony."

          And I don't know about the rooms
          Hey sspiris -- I'm doing a symbolic ceremony with an uncle preforming the service I was under the impression that the basic wedding package was the way to go because it's free after booking 12 hotel rooms. and the "let's stay together" package, although cheaper, was never free. Do you know if this is still the case? - Sarah

          #85 sarah310

          sarah310
          • Jr. Member
          • 172 posts

            Posted 02 August 2009 - 05:10 PM

            Hey All:

            Here's a you-tube video of the resort -- shows everything from the beach to the rooms and the wedding area.

            YouTube - Occidental Grand Xcaret - HD

            #86 leahstafford

            leahstafford
            • Member
            • 713 posts

              Posted 03 August 2009 - 07:04 PM

              Hey girls, finally got around to blogging my wedding there (well part 1 of 2 anyways) Here are a couple detail shots from the wedding.


              ceremony location
              Click the image to open in full size.

              centerpieces
              Click the image to open in full size.

              flowers done by resort
              Click the image to open in full size.

              #87 adelaide

              adelaide
              • Jr. Member
              • 200 posts

                Posted 04 August 2009 - 11:02 AM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by leahstafford
                Hey girls, finally got around to blogging my wedding there (well part 1 of 2 anyways) Here are a couple detail shots from the wedding.


                ceremony location
                Click the image to open in full size.

                centerpieces
                Click the image to open in full size.

                flowers done by resort
                Click the image to open in full size.

                Awesome!! Thanks Leah - Beautiful pics

                #88 SDSteph

                SDSteph
                • Member
                • 812 posts

                  Posted 04 August 2009 - 11:26 AM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by sarah310
                  Hey sspiris -- I'm doing a symbolic ceremony with an uncle preforming the service I was under the impression that the basic wedding package was the way to go because it's free after booking 12 hotel rooms. and the "let's stay together" package, although cheaper, was never free. Do you know if this is still the case? - Sarah
                  Hey sarah, my firend is marring us as well and she said we can do the "lets stay together" and here is what she said regard the a free package.

                  The I’ll stand by you wedding package can be free when booking 12 Royal Club Junior Suites or 20 rooms any category for 4 night or more.

                  Oh wait I just realized I asked about the wrong package. I will send another email. Sorry
                  Steph and Kel Mayan Riveria - February 2011http://www.stephnkelwedding.com

                  #89 EmenGeeRoxx

                  EmenGeeRoxx
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 279 posts
                  • Wedding Date:January 19, 2010

                  Posted 04 August 2009 - 11:51 PM

                  Anyone have a review of the wedding food? I believe I read somewhere it tasted like the food you get the whole week at the buffet meaning it was good but it's the same thing. Can anyone comment?

                  #90 sarah310

                  sarah310
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 172 posts

                    Posted 05 August 2009 - 09:52 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by leahstafford
                    Hey girls, finally got around to blogging my wedding there (well part 1 of 2 anyways) Here are a couple detail shots from the wedding.
                    Beautiful Leah! I love the pictures - and the scenery and the couple are gorgeous. I can't wait to see the place!

                    Do you know if the couple used the hotel centerpieces and plate chargers? or did they bring their own decorations?

                    Also -- as a photographer did you like the gazebo? i'm thinking it's a little dark and am hoping there is space to hold the ceremony outside the gazebo but still with the beautiful background.

                    Thanks again for sharing!




                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users