Photo

Any Occidental Grand Xcaret brides out there?

• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

#81 SDSteph

SDSteph
  • 812 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 11:17 AM

Teshy I just got this reply from Marialma the WC, regarding the legal vs religiuos ceromony. Since we are going to do it legally here in the states before we head out there this is what she said. I also inquired about my friend doing the ceromony.

"If you are not doing the legal wedding here them I recommend you to go with the “Let’s stay together” wedding package as this one is cheaper and it doesn’t include the legal things which makes the other two packages expensive. You can have your guest perform the ceremony."

The man-made beach is pretty small but there are lots of chairs around it to lay out in. Not sure how full it gets or if it is hard to get a chair.

And I don't know about the rooms
    Steph and Kel Mayan Riveria - February 2011http://www.stephnkelwedding.com

#82 SDSteph

SDSteph
    • 812 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 11:22 AM

I just recieved the menus from Marialma

Here they are, if you need them and can't open atachemnts yet just PM and I will post them on the forum. Cheers

Attachment 3955

Attachment 3956

Attachment 3957

Attachment 3958

Attached Files

#83 teshy1

teshy1
      • 162 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:36 PM

Thanks so much for your help, sspiris!
        I suppose that makes sense about the paperwork/legal costs, but once I add in extras to customize our wedding, I'm not sure how much cheaper it will actually be.

The OGX looks like a very nice resort. We're still trying to make a decision.
        We of course had to pick the time of year that is "reading week" for students here in Canada, so that means higher prices and more demand for rooms!

#84 sarah310

sarah310
        • 172 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 05:09 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by sspiris
          Teshy I just got this reply from Marialma the WC, regarding the legal vs religiuos ceromony. Since we are going to do it legally here in the states before we head out there this is what she said. I also inquired about my friend doing the ceromony.

"If you are not doing the legal wedding here them I recommend you to go with the “Let’s stay together” wedding package as this one is cheaper and it doesn’t include the legal things which makes the other two packages expensive. You can have your guest perform the ceremony."

And I don't know about the rooms
          Hey sspiris -- I'm doing a symbolic ceremony with an uncle preforming the service I was under the impression that the basic wedding package was the way to go because it's free after booking 12 hotel rooms. and the "let's stay together" package, although cheaper, was never free. Do you know if this is still the case? - Sarah

#85 sarah310

sarah310
          • 172 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 05:10 PM

Hey All:

Here's a you-tube video of the resort -- shows everything from the beach to the rooms and the wedding area.

YouTube - Occidental Grand Xcaret - HD

#86 leahstafford

leahstafford
            • 713 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 07:04 PM

Hey girls, finally got around to blogging my wedding there (well part 1 of 2 anyways) Here are a couple detail shots from the wedding.

ceremony location
              Click the image to open in full size.

centerpieces

flowers done by resort

#87 adelaide

adelaide
              • 200 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 11:02 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by leahstafford
                Hey girls, finally got around to blogging my wedding there (well part 1 of 2 anyways) Here are a couple detail shots from the wedding.

ceremony location

centerpieces

flowers done by resort

Awesome!! Thanks Leah - Beautiful pics

#88 SDSteph

SDSteph
                • 812 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 11:26 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by sarah310
                  Hey sspiris -- I'm doing a symbolic ceremony with an uncle preforming the service I was under the impression that the basic wedding package was the way to go because it's free after booking 12 hotel rooms. and the "let's stay together" package, although cheaper, was never free. Do you know if this is still the case? - Sarah
                  Hey sarah, my firend is marring us as well and she said we can do the "lets stay together" and here is what she said regard the a free package.

The I’ll stand by you wedding package can be free when booking 12 Royal Club Junior Suites or 20 rooms any category for 4 night or more.

Oh wait I just realized I asked about the wrong package. I will send another email. Sorry

#89 EmenGeeRoxx

EmenGeeRoxx
                  • 279 posts
                  • Wedding Date:January 19, 2010

Posted 04 August 2009 - 11:51 PM

Anyone have a review of the wedding food? I believe I read somewhere it tasted like the food you get the whole week at the buffet meaning it was good but it's the same thing. Can anyone comment?

#90 sarah310

sarah310
                  • 172 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 09:52 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by leahstafford
                    Beautiful Leah! I love the pictures - and the scenery and the couple are gorgeous. I can't wait to see the place!

Do you know if the couple used the hotel centerpieces and plate chargers? or did they bring their own decorations?

Also -- as a photographer did you like the gazebo? i'm thinking it's a little dark and am hoping there is space to hold the ceremony outside the gazebo but still with the beautiful background.

Thanks again for sharing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users