Hilton vs Westin

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jwells

jwells
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 11:58 AM

Hello Ladies,
    I am so happy to have found this site. I was up for hours last night reading very helpful information. I will be traveling to Cabo next weekend for a site visit to the Westin and Hilton. I would love any additional information on either of these two hotels. Any brides who have held their wedding at either of these locations I would love your feedback on hiring at outside wedding coordinator. Some of the comments about the in house wedding coordinators at both of these hotels makes me a bit nervous. I have read Maye is great and I emailed her last night to see if I can meet with her next weekend as well.

Any information would be most appreciated.

Thank you!

#2 dinogomez.com

dinogomez.com
    • 5,705 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 01:04 PM

They are both fab venues!!! And Maye is really great!!

#3 bshortzie

bshortzie
      • 60 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 08:21 AM

I had my wedding at the Westin. No outside coordinator is necessary there. They do a fabulous job! I used Maye for my legal ceremony arrangements. She is great to work with as well.

#4 Jerome Dieu

Jerome Dieu
        • Vendor
        • 105 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 12:01 AM

congrats and welcome to the forum! they are both great.
          Jerome Dieu
          Wedding Photographer

Tel (from USA & Canada): 1 (925) 465 6146
          Local Phone (Los Cabos): 104 3643www.mangoweddings.netcontact@mangoweddings

#5 Limor

Limor
          • 13 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 12:43 PM

I am actually in the process of planning my wedding at either one of those hotels as well. We should exchange tips and info.. I am working on bringing down the prices right now! Are you working with Karine and Carolina?

#6 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 5,752 posts
            • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 19 September 2008 - 01:22 PM

Hi, I just got married at the Westin on Aug. 9th. I loved my WC there, Maira, and I would honestly say it is not necessary at all to have an outside WC with the Westin. They do a fantastic job. The communication in the beginning when you're so far away from your date is probably not as much as any bride would like it to be, but once your day is getting close you will get a lot of attention. Feel free to PM me with any questions about the Westin. I also have a photo album online of the Westin property if you'd like to look at it, just PM me and I'll send you a link.

#7 jwells

jwells
            • 10 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 03:24 PM

I have actually decided to have my wedding in the Dominican Republic. When I visited the Westin a few weeks ago Karina told me that they were in the process of hiring another person just to handle weddings. As it is now they all do some weddings and some corporate events. The Westin is gorgeous. I did receive a proposal from the Westin and I am happy to share that information if you would like.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users