Photo

OOT bag contents - **Master List of Possible Items**

• Please log in to reply
764 replies to this topic

#451 pilapila

pilapila
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 04:04 PM

Thank you for posting this list! It gave me a lot of ideas for OOT bags.

#452 tigercheerfan

tigercheerfan
    • 151 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 08:31 PM

Great list

#453 AshleyL

AshleyL
      • 263 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:40 AM

Very helpful list. Complete Noob question here: what does OOT stand for? I figured out STD (although trust me there was some confusion on that one ) and AHR but I can't figure out this one. I was at a DW in Domnican this past January, and there was nothing like this handed out. Are they fairly common, and expected?

Thanks
        Getting married in Runaway Bay, Jamaica February 2011!!!

#454 DWBride615

DWBride615
        • 852 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:54 AM

How about a travel pillow and eye shades?

The travel pillow may not be used in the vacation itself, but it'd be a great gift for the guests' long trip back home. The eye shades could be both used on the flight and the hotel for light sleepers. I know I would find it useful if I wanted to sleep in a few extra hours when the sun was up. =]

Just in case people were interested, I found these two items on ebay for a dollar a piece in bulk, no minimum purchase and free shipping on ebay.
          *~*Chelsea & Eric*~* {{New wedding Date...Same Growing Love}} October 13, 2012 (Rome, Italy)

#455 HazelsMelody

HazelsMelody
          • 169 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:58 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by AshleyL
            Very helpful list. Complete Noob question here: what does OOT stand for? I figured out STD (although trust me there was some confusion on that one ) and AHR but I can't figure out this one. I was at a DW in Domnican this past January, and there was nothing like this handed out. Are they fairly common, and expected?

Thanks
            OOT stands for Out of Town. I went to a destination wedding last April and they were handed. I don't know if they're expected or anything, but I loved the idea myself, which is why I want to do them.
            Iberostar Varadero
            25 March 2011
            Bride & Groom and kids + 20 booked.

#456 AshleyL

AshleyL
            • 263 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 01:57 PM

Thanks HazelsMelody! I think it's a cool idea for guests too!

#457 babigirl21

babigirl21
              • Site Supporter
              • 76 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 07:33 PM

An OOT bag is a great touch to give your guest.  Generally, is there a particular cost that you want to remain under for each bag to keep these bags budget-friendly?  

Cherish Each Moment!

#458 want2gosouth

want2gosouth
                • 155 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 05:57 AM

Wow that is a pretty impressive list!!! Will be passing this on to my sister!!

#459 AshleyL

AshleyL
                  • 263 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 02:28 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by AshleyL 

Thanks

I'm trying to keep the cost under $15 per bag. And we are doing one bag per couple, not per person. So far I have:
                    Deck of cards 0.33 each from the dollar store (pack of 3 for a buck)
                    First aid kit - includes bandaids, antibacterial cloth, gauze, tape for $1.25 from dollar store
                    Towel tabs - just add water for instant facecloth $0.30 each
                    Hand sanitized 3 pack for $1
                    I'm contemplating bags from vista print with a logo or canvas bags from cheap totes.com for 0.99 each
                    I also want to get aloe/snacks/lanyard key holder/travel mugs/puzzle book/welcome brochure. Depends if I can find all that stuff and keep it within my budget.

#460 AshleyL

AshleyL
                    • 263 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 02:30 PM

Sorry I was trying to quote babigirl21 - not myself

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users