Photo

Dazzling Details...

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Caletas_bridetobe

Caletas_bridetobe
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 12:03 PM

Anyone use them or think of using them? I was looking at their site and the weddings that they did are gorgeous! Thanks :)

#2 Christine

Christine
    • VIP Member
    • 21,514 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
    • Wedding Location:Napa, California
    • LocationReno, NV

Posted 07 March 2007 - 12:40 PM

I think Amy looked into using them, but decided against it. Not sure why, but I would PM her.
    Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#3 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 12:42 PM

I have heard nothing but great things about them - here, on The Knot, my PV Brides Yahoo group - never a bad word!

#4 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 24,768 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 12:42 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Christine
        I think Amy looked into using them, but decided against it. Not sure why, but I would PM her.
        I think they can be expensive, and they do book far in advance. But I don't remember why either ...

#5 anaderoux

anaderoux
        • 3,220 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 01:00 PM

I think she decided no to use them 'cause they charged a lot..

#6 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 3,754 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 01:39 PM

Hi! I contacted them. Kristin has great taste but you are paying for it! I’m having approx 150 ppl and the rate she was quoting me as about $85 pp for dinner only at Dreams! She also broke down the prices for the ceremony and if I wanted a cocktail hour etc. I know your paying for her work/design, and if we had the $$ (or a smaller group) I would have loved to go with her.

Also note that she only works with two resorts- Dreams and one in Nuevo Vallarta (I can’t remember the name). She works with some restaurants and villas too. I noticed that you are having your wedding at Las Caletas- I would check with her to see if she’ll do a wedding there. Also, she books quick so if you decide to use her, you should contact her ASAP.

#7 Caletas_bridetobe

Caletas_bridetobe
            • 45 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 02:49 PM

Thanks for the feedback. We are almost deadset on Caletas but have not officially booked yet. I really want to have the wedding at Caletas but because we are having such a small group and intimate ceremony I feel like I am missng out on some of the things the larger groups are getting (privacy/time). So, I looked into Dazzling Details. I think that your right that you are paying for the name so to speak. I would get less than I would w/ Caletas but feel that it would be a bit more private so I am struggling with that. I just dont know what to do?!?!?!?!

#8 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 3,754 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 02:59 PM

How many guests are you having?

I would'nt really say that you are paying for they name- you are really paying for the design and all the little details. I think you should contact her. I want a big wedding so that raised the price and I'm trying to do it all with $20,000 (dinner, cocktail, drinks, music, church ceremony, flowers, decor) and that wasn't going to happen with DD. Again I have 150 ppl.

#9 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 24,768 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 03:03 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Caletas_bridetobe
                  Thanks for the feedback. We are almost deadset on Caletas but have not officially booked yet. I really want to have the wedding at Caletas but because we are having such a small group and intimate ceremony I feel like I am missng out on some of the things the larger groups are getting (privacy/time). So, I looked into Dazzling Details. I think that your right that you are paying for the name so to speak. I would get less than I would w/ Caletas but feel that it would be a bit more private so I am struggling with that. I just dont know what to do?!?!?!?!
                  When you said this ... "I would get less than I would w/ Caletas but feel that it would be a bit more private so I am struggling with that." I am confused - where would you get less than w/Las Caletas? What options are you trying to decide between?

#10 Caletas_bridetobe

Caletas_bridetobe
                  • 45 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 03:05 PM

I guess that what I meant by "name". I do love all of the details and how unique the design is. She quoted me $1200 for the ceremony, transportation, officiant, and photos. So it wasnt bad. I am going to ask her about adding a reception to the package and see how much the price goes up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users