Photo

Any Grand Palladium brides?

• Please log in to reply
2140 replies to this topic

#1281 Mikeycelle

Mikeycelle
  • 93 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:28 AM

Gemma, You pictures came out beautifully! I have to say, I teared up a lil bit there! You guys look so gorgeous, so happy and so relaxed! Congratulations to you!

#1282 hbernard

hbernard
    • 7 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:33 PM

Hello Gals,

I hope someone can calm my nerves a bit. My fiance and I have booked the Grand Palladium for 02/02/12 it is very short notice. VERY! I was hoping you kind ladies can offer me any advice possible. I am having the cocktail hour and private reception which is costing $15=$45.. right? Then we have this DJ and photographer and videographer. Do you guys suggest getting it? Also we have a very small guest like of about 15 people, what package do you guys suggest. One more thing, do you need to  get married in the States before you go to Jamaica. So sorry for the silly question, just freaking out a little.

#1283 claire0701

claire0701
      • 187 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:04 AM

I agree, pictures are beautiful!

#1284 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
        • Vendor
        • 1,243 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:17 AM

Hello Planning Ladies,

Just wanted to share a few images of our most recent Grand Palladium Wedding by Melissa:

Noriko + Shawn had around 20+ guests and said their I-do's in the Gazebo, followed by a romantic and intimate reception at the Portofino Restaurant. More pictures HERE.

Hope you enjoy these and wish you all the best on your big day!!!!

#1285 claire0701

claire0701
          • 187 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:13 AM

gorgeous photos ... I can't wait!!

#1286 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
            • Vendor
            • 1,243 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by claire0701 

gorgeous photos ... I can't wait!!

Thanks Claire!!!!

Happy Planning :)

#1287 MyTye2B

MyTye2B
              • Site Supporter
              • 185 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:46 PM

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here and just trying to decide on a resort.  A friend had her wedding at Grand Palladium about 5 years ago and I remember it going off almost without a hitch.  Also a coworker was married there 2 years ago and can't say enough fantastic things about her wedding.  Where as I asked a couple other DW brides if they'd recommend their resorts and they said not so much, I just feel like Grand Palladium is the right choice. I'm only recently engaged, but I know we want a summer wedding so we're kind of working quickly on nailing down a resort.  I emailed Rolico today and asked a whole bunch of questions but I thought maybe I could get a few quick answers from the ladies here.  :)

We're looking to book a package from July 27th to August 3rd (probably a few days sooner for us) but of course we can't do that until we secure a wedding date.  The prices are very good right now through the channel we're looking and I don't want to miss out.  Did it take a long time for you to hear back about a date once you emailed, or did any of you just call?  Is there a number to call?

The other question I had is about the packages available for 2013.  Do you have to get one of the new Karen Bussen packages or can you just kind of make your own without the $4600 price tag?  And if you DO go with one of the packages is a dinner/reception included in the price or do you have to add the beach party (which looks great!) for the additional $1400?  The only reason I'm concerned about having to go with a package is that I wanted to do things in my own colours, not something that's already been set for me.  It seems like at a lot of resorts this isn't possible anymore. 

Thanks for any help you can give me!

I'm sooo excited to start all the planning!

Lauren  

#1288 MyTye2B

MyTye2B
                • Site Supporter
                • 185 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:46 AM

Well I just heard back from Vanessa and unfortunately they don't have ANY of the dates we were looking at available.  Also she said that there's an error on the website and they don't currently offer ANY of the Karen Bussen packages.  So we're back to square one.  :(  Our search continues.  I kind of had my heart set on Grand Palladium so hopefully we can make something work. 

#1289 claire0701

claire0701
                  • 187 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:18 AM

Aw sorry to hear that Lauren :( Are you fixed to those few dates? It seems a shame to miss out on the perfect place due to timescale.  I hope you find a solution be it at GP or somewhere else x

#1290 MyTye2B

MyTye2B
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 185 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:53 PM

Hi Claire,

It all worked out!  Vanessa (who I must say is AWESOME with her email communication - not at all what I was expecting from so far away) had a date in August and that worked for us.  I put down a deposit yesterday for August 19th, 2013!  So it looks like I'll be a month after you!  She says it will take about a week before it's confirmed, but she did send all of the information over.  So impressed with how much she sent me right away. 

I sure have a lot of questions, about ceremony decor, receptions, food options, etc. lol...  I sent it all back to her so we'll see if she responds.  I bet the weekends will be very busy, so maybe I'll hear from her next week.  I'm just so happy we were able to get this resort!  :)  I even went today and tried on my very first ever wedding dress.  It was easier than I thought.  Those things are just designed to make you look great, lol!

Good luck with your planning - I hope to see you here and we can bounce some ideas off of each other!   How is everything going for you so far? 

Lauren

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users