Photo

Mariachi for hire in Cancun?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mrs. Martin

Mrs. Martin
  • 514 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 02:30 PM

Does anyone know of any mariachi's we can hire to play at our wedding in Cancun? RIU is charging us $800 for every 45 minutes and we wanted them for 90 minutes. I AM NOT SPENDING $1600 ON A MARIACHI!! I want to compare whether it would be cheaper to pay an outside mariachi and pay for the guest passes or use RIU's mariachi for just 45 minutes to keep the cost down.

#2 Simistar

Simistar
    • 645 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 03:30 PM

Hey there!

If you look at the thread I started just a couple down from this one (I was having a really hard time with this too!), called "solo guitarist/violinist or trio"...a girl posted some really good info on a company you can go through that's a LOT cheaper...
      ($375/45 min set for a 5 or 6 piece mariachi...)

Good luck!!

#3 Mrs. Martin

Mrs. Martin
      • 514 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 04:05 PM

Thanks! I didn't even bother looking at that thread because all I saw was the solo guitarist. I sent them an email, so we'll see what they say. But, from what I can tell, they will save me about $500 if I use them for the 90 minutes!

#4 Simistar

Simistar
        • 645 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 04:24 PM

I'm e-mailing back and forth with them right now too...so hopefully it works out for both of us!:-)

#5 Salinadebra

Salinadebra
          • 4 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:11 AM

Hi, my wedding is Cancun also. I'm new to blogging but I need HELP! My potential venue is charging is $780 for an hour for just a trio. Can I get that info? 

#6 Salinadebra

Salinadebra
            • 4 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:31 PM

Hi, do you still have that Mariachi info? I'm new to blogging and newly engaged. I realized your blog is in 08. I hope you'll still respond.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users