Photo

Washington DC brides: who do you recommend for gown alterations?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ccarmany23

ccarmany23
  • 138 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 01:24 PM

I am looking for any recommended places for wedding gown alterations in either Northern Virginia, Washington D.C. or within an hour drive. I have heard so many horror stories I would love any recommendations anyone has! Thanks!

#2 Angel

Angel
    • 2,635 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 01:36 PM

Bianca here on the forum recommended Xiao Yin from tangsalterations. I haven't been there yet but I go on the 6th of September. I talked to her on the phone and she was such a sweetheart. She explains everything from A to Z. I will let you know how it goes.
      Here is their site.
      Tang's Alterations

#3 ccarmany23

ccarmany23
      • 138 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 02:00 PM

Wow- she looks amazing! Definitely keep me posted on what you think after you meet with her- good luck!

#4 blkladylaw

blkladylaw
        • 149 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 07:39 AM

I used
          Cheryl Lofton
          she's located at 7th and T st NW her # 202.483.5929.

She was recommended to me by a custom male suit designer out of NYC who also does work out of DC that is the friend of a friend. He has her do his custom shirts. I basically had two ivory cocktail dresses and had her cut the bottom off of one and sew it on to the other making a seamless full length wedding dress. She also altered some jeans for me that fit me great everywhere but the waist. She did an excellent job and was very professional. Mine was a unique project but she does regular bridal alterations also and has also made custom clothing for people. I'm 6ft and plus-sized so clothign fit is not always the best for me off the rack so I plan to take more of my clothing to her for alterations and plan to have her do a custom suit for my 6'5+ FI who has a hard time finding good fits.

Welcome to Cheryl A. Lofton¢â¬â„¢s Wardrobe Salon
          Wed 9/5/08 at Lake Las Vegas Chapel Fiorenza with yacht cruise reception on the La Contessa and party the next night in VIP section at Club Poetry at Caesars Palace. Stayed at the Ritz at the Lake and checked into the Trump hotel on the strip after our reception.
          Our first baby (a...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users