English-Speaking Civil Ceremonies

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Anon101

Anon101
  • 86 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 09:30 PM

Hi all,

My fiance and I have a short list of "non-negotiable" requirements, one of which is that we have a civil ceremony performed by an english-speaking judge. Two resorts we are considering are Azul Sensatori and Paradisius Riviera. I've recently learned that Azul currently has an english-speaking judge (despite their website stating otherwise), but that they will not guarantee that this will not change (not sure how we feel about this...). Does anyone know the Paradisius policy?

Feel free to highjack this thread and post about other resorts. I think this is probably important to a lot people, but not discussed too often (unless I'm missing the thread!).

Thanks!

#2 Deb1107

Deb1107
    • 5 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 09:36 PM

This is a great idea! I too feel very strongly about having an English ceremony. I am new to this process....is there anyway to find this information on the Paradisius website?

#3 Anon101

Anon101
      • 86 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 10:02 PM

Hi Deb!

I did check the Paradisius website, but there's not much wedding info on it (and nothing on this topic). Hopefully someone else will chime in with the answer!

Happy planning!

#4 Bianca

Bianca
        • 1,057 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 11:15 PM

I was under the impression that civil ceremonies had to be performed in Spanish and that someone could then translate them... could be wrong.
          19 adults/3 children with flights booked! 10 rooms booked!
          http://dw.daisypath.com/BM2Hm4/.png

http://dpabride.blogspot.com/

#5 pryzeless

pryzeless
          • 614 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 10:01 AM

I too thought they had to be done in Spanish too and then translated considering that it is a legal proceeding. If you find otherwise, I would comfirm that even if he speaks english that the ceremony will be done in english. Good luck.

#6 Anon101

Anon101
            • 86 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 07:54 PM

Thanks for the responses. I haven gotten too far on this, but I have learned that the Azul properties currently have an English-speaking Judge for civil ceremonies -- so, it's certainly not mandated that all Mexico civil ceremonies be in Spanish.

I'm still looking for the Paridisus policy, and open to expanding this discussion to include other resorts.

Thanks, again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users